Friday, January 26, 2007
This is a picture of a fabric postcard that I just completed. I took Melanie's class, at Art Connection, and I'm having fun playing. I'm trying to expand my horizons and get to know the world of fabric art. Melanie's class was much fun, and she's so patient with me :) I like the small "canvas" of a fabric postcard, especially starting out into the fabric world. It allows me to practice the different stitches and become more comfortable with the needle and thread. Thankfully, thimbles were invented; it's almost like I need one for every finger! Melanie is offering an Introduction to Quilting Class, at Art Connection, and I signed up and had my first class last Tuesday evening. I chose my fabric and am eager to learn ( well; a little nervous) but Mel is a fantastic teacher and puts me instantly at ease. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a beautiful piece Marilyn! I wish I knew how do stitch WORDS! You will have to show me sometime!!! This is precious!!!!
Hugs,
Patti
This is so adorable. I keep telling myself that i need to play with some fabric and learn how to sew.
Post a Comment