Monday, January 29, 2007

Playing with Tranz It ink




I've been having fun, this morning, playing and experimenting with Tranz It ink. It's a Judi Kins product that was introduced to me/us at Art Connection's Little Fat Book Club by our very talented and creative artist Kerri Posson. (her blog is listed here) The picture on top is result of ink-jet copies onto GreatWhite Imaging & Photo Paper; they came out very clear and colorful and I didn't have to burnish; I just could lift the paper right up and the image appeared. The picture on bottom: left-blurred image is ink-jet copy onto regular text paper and it came out very faint but, in person, it's rather mysterious. I might try coloring in w/ Shiva Paint Sticks when this is fully dried. The image on right is color-copy from printing store onto regular text (printing) paper. The fabric I used for the transfers is muslin. Once these are fully dried, I will go over them with Micro Glaze which is a very waxey-type consistency and makes a wonderful sealer and brings out more color. Thanks, Kerri, for a marvelous demo of this great product Tranz It. I want to try with transparencies next :)

3 comments:

Kerri Jean said...

You're so welcome Marilyn. I love the LFB club. Such a fun group. Your samples are wonderful!!!!

Patti G. said...

These came out gggggreat Marilyn! They are beautiful and I cannot wait to see what you create with them! (Kerri is such a good teacher!!!) :0) Hugs,Patti

Anonymous said...

Marilyn...these are gorgeous. I have never heard of those products but will have to check them out :o)