This is an 8 x 10 canvas that I worked on this week and finished today. It is a mix of acrylics and collaging. The base is actually torn decorative papers with acrylic washes using alcohol to lighten up areas. I included some delicate Unryu and watercolored rice papers.
The woman is actually my first attempt at free-hand painting a figure! She's supposed to be smiling a bit more, but I couldn't get her mouth just right. Oh well; perhaps she's reflecting on her surroundings :)
I had fun adding in some real dried Queen Anne's Lace and after sinking them into some gel medium, once they dried, I went over them with a little white gesso.
I wish you all a safe and happy upcoming weekend! Love, Marilyn
7 comments:
Marilyn...I love this! I love the colors and texture....I also like to use all kinds of paper and different mediums....nice job Sweetie....:-)
gorgeous marilyn - and big big contratulations on painting that woman freehand!!! Her figure among those luscious textures is a joy to behold. Another that I want to see up close in person. love it!!!!
Marilyn, this is soooo pretty! I love all the texture and the Queens Anne Lace is soooo beautiful on there! The woman looks ggggggreat too! You are doing wonderufully with all your new art adventures!! Wheeeeeeeeeee, beautiful!
AND HALEY below .......could NOT BE CUTER!!!!!! Tell James I would love to pet her! Maybe you will have to give her an extra pat on the head from me!
Hugs,Patti
this is really,really gorgeous Marylin!!!
Love It!!
ohhhh WOW this is wonderful. Love it!!!
Sooooo great again, Marilyn!
Wonderful colors and texture!!
You are so talented. :-)
Have a great sunday!
I am so impressed with your free hand painting... If this is your first then you have been blessed with this art...!
Post a Comment