Monday, December 17, 2007

A Matchbox Shrine................................:)


These are pictures of a matchbox shrine I've been working on. The first picture is of the completely closed shrine. I just recently learned how to make those delicate paper roses from a very special person in my life. They are made from walnut ink-stained natural coffee filters! The "window" was cut out and a piece of Mica added for effect. The top of box was painted with crackle paint then distressed with slightly darker color. I had a lot of fun adding beads and other embellishments. The second picture is of the inside of the box. I added ribbon along the inside edges. The "halo" on the image is an actual charm that I found in my stash along with the gold wings. The third picture is the back of the shrine as I wanted you to see that I wrapped fabric around the box and added some lace as well. Thank you all for visiting and know how much I appreciate your supportive and lovely comments always! Love to all - Marilyn


7 comments:

Viola said...

Sooooooooo great, Marilyn!!
Brilliant work!! Love all of it!

Sanja said...

awesome!!! love it!:-)

Alexandra said...

Ohhhh how sweet is this??? I love your Matchbox Shrine. This piece is really brilliant!

Kerri Jean said...

What a wonderful little masterpiece Marilyn! You have a talent for bringing out great feminine beauty.

Deb said...

How pretty is this?!! I love those little roses... you made them?
Have a wonderful holiday and New Year :0) Deb

Sanja said...

Marry Christmas and a happy New Year,Marilyn!!:-)

Patti G. said...

Ohhhhh this is so pretty and so much precious art in that small space! I love the mica hole to see her through and the sweet embellishment that looks like a house top.........and the inside with all the pretty touches! The miniature roses are amazing and the colors of the whole thing perfect! LOVELY Marilyn! Hugs,Patti