
I am loving my life, right now, at this stage of my life. I can honestly express that I think I've found the "Secret of Life" as James Taylor pointed out, to me, in his beautiful song. It is my favorite......."the secret to life is enjoying the passing of time". That is what I'm doing as of late . Not to have you think I haven't enjoyed my life; I have many blessings...wonderful family (husband and son, daughter-in-law), my friends are my jewels to hang on to forever, my health, a nice house, etc!! But; recently I've really become more aware, more conscious of each day and what it has to offer. I'm in it! I'm here! Yes; I've had heartaches, trauma, sadness and sorrows, like we all have. I know there will be more ahead. Those challenges of life!
With my new "awareness", I am able to see the world in a whole different light. Sounds kind of corny, but it's true. Art is definitely one of the things that has helped me be more aware; of my surroundings, my feelings, my attitude, it offers so much hope, to me, with every passing day. :)
Man; am I heavy today, huh?
This picture is what I call one of those spontaneous happenings that occur and not, at all, expected. Most mornings, when I get up, and I am an early "bird" for sure, I usually have my first cup of coffee out on the back porch and listen to their songs while visiting the myriad of my favorite Blogs I have linked here :)
This morning I decided to have my cup of coffee in the living room and wanted to listen to the weatherperson on TV to see what the weekend might hold for us here.
I have a wooden, hand-carved egret that stands up on one of my living room tables and the table is right against the front picture window. I was in a chair that was very close to this table and directly faces a side window. The way the sunlight was hitting the large window, it was reflecting this egret's shadow right under the side window's sash! I couldn't believe it! I stared at it, for awhile, and then decided to run and get my camera and take the shot! What could I lose?
I just had to share this! I think this is SO cool! I cropped the photo in Photoshop as I didn't want the actual bottom edge of the window to show. I will definitely use this in my art somewhere down the line; maybe in a collage or a Photoshop piece.
So; this awareness stuff is wonderful and I am so happy it has entered my life; even at this stage.
I wish, for all of you, an awareness of each of your days, I know we get caught up in work, things going on in our lives, challenges; life isn't always easy for us.
But; somewhere in these challenges, beauty is around us - even when we don't expect it.
Have a great upcoming weekend; hope this nasty weather in the midwest comes to a stop for the people there; I think they've had enough challenges!
Enjoy the passing of time..................................Love to all - Marilyn
PS I'm getting more fantastically creative titles for my Asian piece (previous post). There is still a week left of participating. Thank you all who have commented and left your titles; they are amazing!!!!
7 comments:
ROFL!... HEAVY MAN...FARM OUT...RIGHT ARM... heheh
Have you been sniffing the gesso AGAIN? :)))
Beautiful though...and very true. :)
Love the photo. The funny thing is I've been trying to catch the way the dawn light hits my front stained glass window and just can't capture it. Glad you got a good one!
Pam
"Altered My Muse"
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Every Doll Needs a Home"
http://home.nycap.rr.com/tsmall/2006/indax.html
love your photo!!!
have a great weekend!!
Sounds like you are really enjoying your life Marilyn...that is so nice to hear!
Love your photo of the egret, I look forward to seeing you use it in your art soon.
Jacky xox
I'm so happy to learn that you are having a good life .You come across so wise and your aura shines through your blog that's why I love visiting it all the time .you can see the beauty in all things which helps you to be content and happy .You have a gift and you are always sharing it thank you for that love from sesga xx
Marilyn,
You brought a tear to my eye reading your post. I feel the same way too. And art is a huge factor in finding that awareness.
And your photo is just one sample of this awareness, beautiful!
Hugs Pattio
...any fool can do it... I love JT. Love the title, and that photo is amazing. Of course, given my situation, this post really touches home. I am absolutely living in the moment and following my true path in life. Enjoy Marilyn. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Marilyn!
this is a wonderful photo! Don't you just love it when you "see" all the glories that exist around us!
you have been very busy lately! Beautiful work!!
You write so beautifully and I really really appreciate your thoughts!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth
Post a Comment