Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Imagine"...................................



8 x 10 canvas board

I had a class at the Albany Art Room on Saturday and we worked on the Affirmation Collage concept. I shared with students my discovery of Kelly Rae Roberts' art and some of her techniques. They were really thrilled and we had much fun playing with the backgrounds. This picture is of the one I started, during class, and actually finished at home today.

I did approach Kelly Rae via email to ask her if this was okay and she said it was fine to offer this for a class. I was thrilled! Thank you Kelly!

The students really enjoyed working on their collages and they loved adding their powerful and personal words to their creations.

I am going to begin taking pictures during some of my classes and sharing student works on my Blog. I've been asking students, when I can, if they would mind me sharing photos of their art and them and they all are enthusiastically willing. I am very excited about including their art on my Blog in the future.

I wish, for you all, a happy day and a good week ahead. Thanks, again, for your visits and lovely comments! I couldn't do what I do without you!

Much love - Marilyn

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn
I love this collage the techniques used are very effective and I love the hinge with wording ,beautiful art as always .

I will look forward to seeing your students art work .
love from sesga xx

Barb said...

Hi Marilyn,
What a "cool" looking collage. The hing is the icing on the cake.

Laura said...

This is great, Marilyn! Terrific background! The hinge off of the canvas is a super touch.

Viola said...

What a wonderful collage, Marilyn!
Great background!!!

DJ said...

This is really nice, Marilyn, I love the bird. Can't wait to see some of your students' art work!

Alexandra said...

I love this style and you create a wonderful canvas Marilyn.

Femmy said...

it's great Marilyn! the hinge is a cool addition. love the colors too!!!

Melanie said...

Fabulous work as always marilyn.I've nominated you for an award,check my blog :)

Jacky said...

Wonderful collage Marilyn... always attracted to the birdies!!!

Sanja said...

stunning collage,Marilyn!love it :0))))
xoxo
Sanja

Gillian .... said...

Wonderful collage Marilyn, thanks for sharing, can't wait to see what your students produce:)

Anonymous said...

Marilyn...this collage is fantastic. I would love to see the artwork of your students on here. What about some pics of you teaching :)

Carol Q said...

Great collage Marilyn. Wish I have the verbal skills to explain why I like it - but I just can't manage it (LOL) The colours are fab.