Friday, October 3, 2008

"Chez Soi"......................



11 x 14

Acrylic/Mixed Media on canvas

I just recently finished this painting. I've been working on it for awhile. It all started with a torn piece of French newspaper that I found in my stash. The words Chez Soi caught my eye. I looked up the translation and it means "go home".

I decided to create this painting/collage with that theme in mind. I picture this woman taking a break from her long journey; walking with her guitar. She stops to reflect and day dream about her desire to want to reach home.

Thanks for visiting and I always appreciate your warm and supportive comments you leave for me.

I wish you all a safe, joyous, and artful weekend. Love, Marilyn xxoo

14 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

I love your newest collage Marilyn, it is absolutely wonderful! Love the colors, and everything about it!

Femmy said...

beautiful Marylin!!! so much sense of relaxation in it!!! love all about it!

Gaby Bee said...

This piece has such character and and the wording is the perfect accent for it. Love all the little details, Marylin. You've done a beautiful job with this collage.

DJ said...

Great collage, Marilyn! I love the theme behind it.

Laura said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Marilyn! Is this that paint-over technique on the person or what? I love it!!

Sanja said...

beautiful piece Marylin!
have a nice weekend too:0)

Viola said...

Gorgeous piece, Marilyn! Fabulous work! :o)

Joy Logan said...

Oh and French newspapers huh? Love this piece and the meaning,but they say you can never go home again...

Lorri said...

Marilyn,
This is a beautiful piece of art - It blends together so nicely and I love the "Go Home"- thanks for explaining or I would have forever been wondering what it meant LOL. I love french words - doesn't really even matter to me what they mean!! LOL, they just sound so....... suave, sexy, sophisticated and nice teehee.
Lovely work, love watching your pieces come together. Enough rambling from downunder!
Take care, Hugs! xo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful art work as always I love the crows in the trees,especially because they are so dear to you .
Love from sesga xx

Ro Bruhn said...

What a great painting, love the composition and the colours and the story you've created.

Gillian .... said...

Marilyn .... This is so beautiful wow, everything about it is so perfect, it makes you want just to be there and dream away the day:)x

Heather Robinson said...

Oh what a lovely sense of storytelling in this piece, Marilyn. I just want to know more about this woman and why she is traveling with her guitar. Beautiful, rich detail.

Patti Sandham said...

Marilyn,
I totally love this. It looks as dreammy as it sounds. Makes me want to be there too.
Hugs