
I'm on a little break from art shows and classes, for about two weeks, and I've decided that I want to use this time to concentrate on some of my own personal art.
One of my favorite classes, to teach, is altered books. What happens, when I teach a series, is I use a book for demonstrating techniques, etc. and I never really finish a whole book ya know?
So; I'm going to use this next two weeks to complete my altered book that I used for my recent workshop.
This is a picture of my cover. It's actually a magazine transfer that I demonstrated as part of the workshop. I fell in love with this ad in a magazine and I just knew it had to be my cover. I covered my book with canvas paper, gessoed then transfered the magazine image. I added some acrylic paints as well as walnut ink. The white calligraphy is part of a Japanese poem stamp that I recently ordered. The embellishment on upper-left side is an old rusted washer, of sorts, I found on a walk! :)
I've decided that this altered book is going to be my art journal. I haven't done much journaling and I am really looking forward to working in this. I will be uploading pictures of my journal pages, from time-to-time to share with you.
I so hope you are all having a good week. Tonight into tomorrow we're supposed to get another snow storm and promises to deliver a bunch of it. I will use this time to work in my altered book :)
Much love to all! Marilyn xxoo
12 comments:
Marilyn!! This cover is jsut stunning! I love it! What method did you use for the transfer??
We are ACTUALLY getting snow today in VA- the first flakes that we have seen all year! Kids had school canceled -for two inches of snow!!!!! Hard to believe but true!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth
Wonderful work, Marilyn! Looks so great!
that's just beeeautiful Marilyn!
This is beautiful!! Share more as you finish it! Here, it would be easier to post on the days we do not get snow. You would not be hearing much from me!!!! LOL!!!
hugs chris
brilliant piece,Marilyn!love it!
Wow, this cover is really terrific. Can't wait to see more....
Gaby xo
this cover is fabulous Marilyn!! Can't wait to see more of this book!
Did you get nailed with this latest snowstorm? We have another 8" added on to the 2 feet we already had :0( Where is Spring??
Love the journal cover - did you use gel to transfer the image? Make sure you share some of your entries! xo Deb
Wonderful cover, Marilyn - hope it will inspire you to journal regularly and to show us all your pages ;-))
This is beautiful Marilyn! Glad to hear you're taking some time out for yourself. Have fun!
Pam (NY)
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Altered My Muse"
Fabulous cover! I am taking off from blogging for awhile and playing more and visiting others blogs more lately.
Hi Marilyn,
I finally learned how to leave a post on your blog. Maybe I can learn to be a techie! Your Altered Book art is just amazing! WOW!!! I would love to be entered in your Valentine giveaway. Hope you're keeping warm. Lots of Love, Lori Stachnik
Post a Comment