Friday, January 30, 2009

Some more "Me"..........................





Here is a picture of my first spread in my altered book journal. As you can see, there is a picture, there, of Katherine Hepburn. I've had this picture for a long time just waiting for the right place to include her. I'm a huge fan of "Kate" and I have her book that is entitled "Me". I still, to this day, refer to it when I need a little confidence boost :) Katherine, to me, stands for a woman who really knows herself and can speak, her mind, strongly and truthfully with full confidence.

She has inspired me to create my altered book journal using just words that have meaning, to me, that are motivational and inspirational. I've decided to use my own handwriting, for the words, as I want this journal to be a very personal experience.

The second picture is of the tags, I created, that are in the pockets of the spread. I thought it would be, of interest, for you to see them spread out a bit. I'm really enjoying having this journal to turn to.

I am wishing you all a very safe, joyful, and artful weekend, ahead, and, once again, thank you all for your friendships, visits here, and your very supportive comments. I so appreciate all of you!

Love, Marilyn

10 comments:

Diane J. Evans said...

I, too, am a great Kate Hepburn fan (must be more of the Capricorn thing working with us again). When I learned that she had a box of dark chocolates delivered to her home once a week until her death at 92 years of age, I started eating more dark chocolate and I now consider it a nutritional supplement. Your altered book is a beautiful tribute to her -- I love it!

Diane

bockel24 said...

And here´s another fan of Kate :-)) and of your lovely book so far, Marilyn!

DJ said...

Great start to your altered book journal! Looks really neat. I haven't read that book, I'll have to look into it.

Erasmuse said...

Very Kewl! Love the colors and the inspiring words. Katherine Hepburn has always been my favorite actress - Jimmy Stewart was my favorite actor. Both of them were straight shooters and definitely people of inspiration. Great Choice.

love,
Pam
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Altered My Muse"

Femmy said...

great beginning of your book, love Katherine too!! love the colors and images!!
have a great weekend.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Fantastic-I love Kate and Audrey. Classics! this is going to be a fantastic book!
hugs, chris

Alexandra said...

Your book is fantastic Marilyn

Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous inspiration piece for your art Journal!!! i love your tags and the fact that you are using your own handwriting!! the journaling bug has bit me too , I hope taht I can make it an art priority!!
Hugs and thanks for YOUR inspiration!!!!
Elizabeth

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, your altered book is amazing! What fun and great techniques! All the tags are a great addition and add interest too!
Your cover looks wonderful and the magazine transfer ......wow!!!!!! You will finally how a completed project for YOU! Awesome!
Hugs,Patti

Gaby Bee said...

Your book looks just wonderful, Marilyn. The tags are really cool and a great addition. Love your color choices also.

Gaby xo