

I decided
to make it artful :)
These are two pieces
I recently worked on. The floral piece is
an 8 x 10 acrylic/mixed media called "Infusion". (thanks Patti G. for the title suggestion) :)
The picture of the woman in red is an acrylic paintover working with a full page from a glamour magazine. It's a 5 x 7 and I named it El Diva. Her dress was originally a brown color and I just thought it should be hot red and her hair was a dark brown, too, and had fun altering her hair. The background was gessoed, sanded and texturized and I used pan pastels for some additional effects. The music note and text are Photoshop elements.
Our weather, today, is awful! We got a couple inches of snow, overnight, then it's sleeting now; creating an icy mix. All the schools are closed, in my area, and surrounding areas. Thankfully, it's not as serious as the ice storm of December 2008. But; it's enough to keep us inside and I decided it would be a great time to sit down at my art table and have some fun. :)
I hope you are all having a good week; be safe and thank you all, again, for your continued support. Your lovely comments just make me feel like flying!!!!
Much love.......................Marilyn
14 comments:
Patti pickeda perfect name!! Love this piece as well. I hope that you don't loose power or anymore trees!!
hugs!
Elizabeth
Marilyn,
El Diva is great Blond in a Red Hot dress, oh but of course! What a fun piece. I always enjoy seeing what you have been up to and girl you have been busy! Great stuff.
Nice work! I like the red dress. I love "Infusion", the chinese characters on the bottom are a nice touch.
beautiful pieces,Marilyn!
hugs
Sanja
beautiful pieces Marilyn!!!!! love the red dress!!!
What fun........the altered magazine diva came out fantastic! I love her dress, her hair and the touches of white highlights are just wonderful!!!! And Infusion is so pretty and soothing!
Be careful in that weather Marilyn! We are all sick of winter and it is just getting up to it's potential! BLAH!!!!!
Hugs,Patti
Hi Marilyn-- just saw your post at the Squam blog-- SO glad you will be at September--- looking forward to meeting you!
Bisous, Elizabeth
Loved seeing these! Just fabulous!! Take care of you and avoid weather!!!!
chris p
Your artwork is always delicious eye candy, Marilyn! I love your new creations. I think the first one has to be my favourite, so vibrant and I love the red hot dress. Simply terrific!
Gaby xo
Marilyn -- I enjoyed meeting you, too! Thanks so much for adding me to your blogspot -- I just did the same with your blog today. I look forward to our next play date together -- what a creative mind you have! Continued success to you!
Diane Evans
More amazing eye candy here Marilyn, love the lady in red canvas, was so good to stop by and see what you have been creating, hope the weather takes a turn for the better soon:)
Fabulous pieces, Marilyn! Love them both!! As always! :o)
Marilyn...you are incredible... your art just grows and grows... I hope you remember me when you are famous...
Wonderful artworks Marilyn.
Post a Comment