Friday, February 12, 2010

Wings and Things............................


I had an opportunity to join a postcard exchange with the theme of Wings and Things. We could do whatever we want as long as the piece has a butterfly on it.

It came to my mind, because of the Wings theme, that I had a "little angel" up my sleeve to create this postcard with. :)

Using one of my very own images, in a piece, was really fun and altering it a bit as I chose. The background, here, was done with acrylics, transferring old music sheet, collaged torn papers, stamping; a little bit of everything. The mixed-media that I so enjoy!

I am wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead. Hope you all get some art time in so I can see what you're up to over the next couple of days. I love visiting your Blogs; you have no idea how much inspiration I get from your creative minds and spirit!

Our family has a joyous day, ahead, on Sunday. My granddaughter, Sophia, is being christened, this Sunday, and I see it fitting that it's on Valentine's Day! :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Much love to all - Marilyn xxoo

34 comments:

Sandy said...

Woooooooooooooow a big Applause for you. This is amazing. So beautiful work. Love them.

Have a great weekend my dear.

sharon said...

This is the best Marilyn...oh I loooove it! ( I have my fingers crossed over at a.m. hehe)
Have a wonderful day with your grandaughter and your family at the chritening....what a joyous event!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Love your wings and things, especially the use of your own image. She looks as tho she belongs.

Diane said...

Beautiful Marilyn--she fits in so well with the butterfly theme. Have a wonderful day on Sunday!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Gorgeous, Marilyn! And what a special weekend you have ahead of you. I couldn't think of a more special Valentine's Day! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Jacky said...

Postcard is wonderful...love your image and the colours and always, beautiful mixed media work. Someone will be very happy to recieve your beautiful angel.
Have fun with your little grandaughter on Sunday.

Jacky xox

Caterina Giglio said...

beautiful Marilyn! love the colors too!

Lori Saul said...

So beautiful Marilyn- perfect for this theme. You have so many lovely faces now to use in other works- fantastic!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This is lovely, Marilyn! How wonderful to use your own image!!
hugs, chris

Buffy said...

I love what you did with your girl. The postcard came out beautiful. I hope you and your family have a blessed day on Sunday.

Diane J. Evans said...

Beautiful postcard, Marilyn -- so completely you! Have a glorious day at the christening!

Diane

Alexandra said...

Marilyn your collage with your own angel is sooooo fantastic. I love it! Have a nice weekend my Friend .... without snow

Femmy said...

love this, it's gorgeous!!
have a nice weekend!

johanna said...

this postcard is a delight! so special using your very own pic, and the contrast of the green and the orange is great!
have a wonderful sunday with your family celebrations,
hugs, johanna

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's truly amazing that Sophia is being baptized on Valentines Day AND Chinese New Year. She will definitely be blessed, and in two cultures to boot. I hope to see some video, too (grin).

Your postcard is wonderful. I'm glad to see you are using your faces in your art. What a perfect way to learn and practice. I'm sure the recipient will know how very special it really is.

I also noticed you changed your blog banner. This one is super!

Happy Weekend, dear friend. You are always such an inspiration to me.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love seeing your angel face with the butterfly wings. Congratulations on the christening, hearts all around.

Createology said...

And a wonderful weekend to you. How special for Sophia to be Christened on Valentine's. I love your "wings and things" as butterflies are my favorite and your angel is beautiful. Keep creating...

Lisa said...

Beautiful postcard! I love how you used your 'little angel'. I hope you are working through your rough spot--I know how frustrating they can be.

Peggy Beck said...

So beautiful. Are you going tos end it to someone? Enjoy your wonderful day at Sophia's Christening. A very special girl

Tabitha said...

I hope you have a great Valentine's day and that you enjoy the Christening! I love your new piece, and I too, think it would be exciting to use one of my very own images on a collage piece. That's so neat that you are able to create all your components to your art now! :o)

Oxana said...

Amazing!!! Beautiful piece!!!

Patti G. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Marilyn and using your new images created by YOU is a wonderful way to personalize your artwork! You used one of my FAVORITE quotes, Be the change you want to see in the world! I do believe that will end up on a tattoo on me someday!!!! :)
This little postcard is beautiful!
Just like you my friend!
Hugs,Patti
Happy Valentine's Day to you and Ted! <3

~*~Patty S said...

some lucky swapper to receive your beautiful and original postcard Marilynn!

Sending Blessings of Love to little Sophia and all those that adore her!
oxo

angela recada said...

What a wonderful day to have a christening! I know you'll enjoy this special day for your darling granddaughter.

I adore anything and everything about butterflies, too. Your postcard is gorgeous! Love the colors!

Butterfly Works said...

Beautiful Card...had a great time browsing around your blog...so much I joined....
Hope you will visit me...
Hugs and Blessings,
Butterfly

Wyanne Thompson said...

That's so beautiful! I love everything you did.

Viola said...

This is wonderful, Marilyn! Have a great week! :)

Lynne said...

Marilyn, your postcard is fantastic!!! Love the bits you used for the collage, & your image is gorgeous with the butterfly!!

Sanja said...

At the moment I am still ,not much creativ as usual but your painting is absolutely gorgeous Marilyn. Love them all.

Have nice day my dear
Sanja xox

Gaby Bee said...

I know I say it every time, but this card is gorgeous!

Martina said...

Stunning work, dear Marilyn! I always do enjoy seeing your artwork.

Laura Haviland said...

Marilyn,I totally love your wings and things postcard. It is just beautiful just like you.
Loved used your very own image,so special.
Your granddaughter is so precious.
How goes your drawing,really enjoying seeing your amazing progress talent friend.
Big Hugs Laura. xoxx
Love ya lots !!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is soooo gorgeous! your work is amazing...and loved the christening video! :)

ute said...

so wonderful, this part is my facorite,
have a wonderful day