
This past Sunday Melanie Phillips and I began our first Altered Book Workshop. Session I was much fun and I will be sharing students' works as they complete their spreads.
This photo is a sample of one of the spread techniques that I taught. I'm a huge fan of texture so I wanted to share one of my favorite texture inclusions: molding paste. The right-hand side of this spread is with layer of light molding paste, then stamped into with foam stamps and texture tools, set then painted with acrylics. The image was "embedded" first into the wet molding paste. The left-hand side of the spread is with a base of gesso, script stamping then a collaged napkin, image, etc.
Melanie shared a really cool pop-up technique which I'll get a picture of, for you, next session. and I will be sharing these things as we go. Our second session isn't until June 6th.
Hope you all are well and enjoying your time. We are experiencing the HHH's, here, in terms of weather. ACK! It's a little early for this kind of heat and humidity. I'm not a huge fan of heat and humidity. I find myself feeling more alive and energetic in the cooler temps. How about you?
Thinking of you all with warm thoughts always! Love - Marilyn xxoo
29 comments:
Really beautiful, I love the texture!
So serene. I see you painted cool and blissful, perfect for today's weather. Just looking at this spread cools me down. xox Corrine
Gorgeous texture and a wonderfully romantic spread. I know what you mean about the heat. Its subtropical here and now that we are finally into winter I feel I have emerged from under some sort of blanket and am feeling so energetic! Here's to thinking less humid and cooler wishes for you!
beautiful and inspiring pages, Marilyn...I love textures and these pages just speaks to me....totally inspired!! xo steph
love your romantic spread and cannot wait to hear how classes went! as for me, guess I am like a lizard, love the warm and I am paralyzed by cold!!
beautiful Marilyn. gorgeous colours and I adore the texture.
Amazing depth in these pages. Your colors are spectacular. Wonderful fun and lovely to look at. Your class must be fabulous. Happy creating...
Oh I am a big fan of texture too and this is such a beautiful romantic spread! Another gorgeous blog header as well Marilyn. Thanks for your lovely visit and comment on my blog! I look forward to seeing more art from your workshop!
Very nice techniques. I've never used molding paste in an AB, so I'm intrigued by how well it holds up on a book page. The colors are really pleasing, too.
I hate HHH, too. Give me cold weather any day. Thanks for sharing this class with us.
Awesome techniques and the texture is gorgeous! It's been a bit on the hot side here too - very unusual for this time of the year. Can't wait to see more results from your classes, Marilyn! Hugs, Terri xoxo
Hi Marilyn, I love these pages, fabulous.
debby
OMG this entry is unbelievable.
Wonderful structure and design. Love it.
Exquisite. Texture and the image within is perfect! Fantastic pages.
Hugs Anja
Hi Marilyn, this spread from you class looks fantastic...love the texture and the colour!
I've enjoyed reading back through some posts I missed and seeing the photo of Sophia...she is so beautiful!
Have a lovely week and lots of fun with this class. Look forward to seeing more.
Jacky xox
I love the effect the image in the molding paste gives--great technique!
Beautiful spread,love how you embedded the image in the paste. The colors are so soft too.
What lucky students to learn such fabulous technqiues!!! tHIS SPREAD IS GLORIOUS!!! I love your new banner picture- lucious color!!
It it way too early for the triple H's hopefully it will pass soon!!
Hugs!
Wonderful blog. There is a resonance here. -J
Love the texture here! I can see why you're a fan of the paste -- it makes the piece look sculpted!
Diane
Beautiful pages, I love the color and the technique is amazing...Can't wait to see more...
Hugs and Blessings
OMG! this is stunning! so pretty, so romantic!
i love it.
i want it.
thanks for sharing!
ciao bella!
creative carmelina
I'm now following you!
see you soon!
ciao again!
Beautiful double spread Marilyn and I like your new look too!
I'm with you ... also NOT a fan of HHH ... I am however a huge fan of your pages, the texture is wonderful and the colors just perfect too!
oxo
This is a beautiful spread Marilyn. Makes me miss you. I'll see you this coming week though.
Will look forward to seeing the students works too.
Thanks, Marilyn, I love your tips for creating texture; can't wait to try them!
p.s. We have the HHH's here, too.
I'm totally in love with the textures and color of these stunning pieces!!
You rock my friend!
Marilyn, both pages are "knock-outs" - love them. You are an incredible artist! hugs,
This is absolutely beautiful! Do you put wax paper or other paper between the pages to keep them from sticking?
Post a Comment