
What is your definition of a princess?
I don't really have one but I've always had the perception of one. Ya know; perfect in every way, bred to have the perfect manners, pampered, only travels in the perfect social situations (kind of like ones I used to see in high school-hahahahaha)
This is a journal page I created and just finished up. It's a "twofer" exercise in portraits as well as journaling.
I actually feel the expression, on this "princess" is sassy and has a little mischievousness to her don't you? There in lies why I put her tiara crooked :) This princess is not perfect. I'm not so sure you can read the words to the poem, there, even if you click on the picture to enlarge but it eludes, to the fact, that this princess is not perfect. But; she still holds attributes that offer some charm.
I guess I like to think of a princess as one who is loved for who she really is and not what others expect of her. Maybe that's my definition.
I'd love to read what you think.
Have a great weekend everyone; I'm off, today, to spend the day with my Sweet Sophia (speaking of princesses) :)
Warm thoughts and much love to all of you.....................Marilyn xxoo
35 comments:
OMG what can I say ???
The princess is so beautiful.
Amazing painting art. Love it.
Have a sunny weekend my friend.
This is exceptional Marilyn! I love the crown, the text, the layout.....it's perfect!
Luscious soft colors in this page. I definitely see the sassy there, that must be the real you!
Another beautiful paining! Thanks for sharing;o)
I love your definition of a princess,and your princess is very pretty.Love your journal spread.
I've always thought a princess was pampered. But yours is lovely with perfect colors you have chosen for her.
Have a great weekend with Sophia. Sounds like you are feeling much better, too.
WOW!!! Your Princess is amazing and love your definition. Beautiful.
Debby
your princess page is wonderful! love your definition and the colors are great!
everything about your princess page is wonderful M! SO lovely and thoughtful ... I am hoping that ancient concepts like wabi sabi will begin to be embraced in the west too!
Know you are enjoying time with your sweet pea princess!
oxo
LOVE this, Marilyn! Your princess has spunk! Love the hummingbirds too - cheers!
I adore the attitude that your Princess possesses (and that tilted tiara too)!!! Am so happy to hear that you're well and will be spending time with your little Princess Sophia. Grab all of the happy moments and Princess kisses and laughs that you can!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo
she's a beautiful princess!! love the colours! your ballerina girl is also great.
have a nice weekend.
hugs femmy
You certainly captured the "real" princess....sassy, smart, quick whit, and at the same time kind, generous and loving....and very creative....is this a self portriat? Love her...
Hugs and Blessings
I love your "less than perfect" princess and your perception of what a princess is. This is a really expressive painting and I just love it.
She has such lovely eyes... I think a princess is someone with a kind and pure heart, someone that is aware of and grateful for who and what she has in life.
Oh Marilyn, this is my favorite one yet!! Wonderful!
Beautiful princess!
Princesses need to be spoiled, so i think we all have a little bit of princess in us lol!
This is delightful, Marilyn!
Fantastic painting. I love it.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Sophia is a sweet princess. I have always wanted to be a princess but Mr. Createology says I am too old! Phooey!! I do not want to be the queen as she is mean. I want to be the princess as she is sweet and kind and loving (and spoiled). This is a wonderful journal page Marilyn.
Gorgeous, Marilyn! The poem is so nice too.
She is wonderful Marilyn - she does have attitude and a grace of character- I love this journal work!
I like your definition of a princess!
I think of William's future wife in England and all the scuttlebug about her having a "past!" Come on people, it is 2010. When I think of a princess I think of Princess Diana in her gorgeous wedding dress. She was so naive and paid such a price for being a princess...... Your paintings are just lovely. Keep on, you are doing wonderful things.
much love to you too Marilyn!!! This page is inspirational, beautiful and I am missing my paints right now...Thank you for being the wonderful you, sharing your thoughts, your art and your encouragement means much to me... xo steph
Marilyn,
I have not been on blog for a while, and missed many of your beautiful entries! The ballarina is gorgeous, your black and whites with the writings in the face spaces.......LOVE those and this piece! All fantastic!!!!!
Glad you are feeling better....
sending hugs and admiring your beautiful artwork!!!!
Hugs,Patti
She is so beautifull!!!!
Oh what a beautiful work!!!!!!
Marilyn her face is so kind...
I just love this creative amazing art piece.
Wishing you a positive week ahead.
Hugs,Laura. xoxx
Your drawing skills have really gotten good! A princess is a princess because she's still practicing...she's not the queen yet. LOL
Pam (NY)
"Altered My Muse"
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress. com/
"Every Doll Needs a Home"
http://home. roadrunner. com/~tsmall/ 2006/indax. html
I have a sign on my studio door that proclaims, "The Princess of Quite-A-Lot." I think a princess is named by those around her -- for many reasons!
Your princess has sass -- and I like that in a princess! Beautiful job!
Diane
Gorgeous Princess!! Love this journal page!
I def would have said that a princess is pampered, and has everything at her beck and call...I see that in your page!
Marilyn
what a stunning princess! I love her tiera and beautiful eyes! Hope you are enjoying the merry month of May! :)
thanks for your kind comments on my blog!
WOW WOW WOW another beautiful art work. These eyes and the hole composition excited me again. I'm totally envious of your imagination and artistic talent.
Hugs my dear, have a nice time, visit you next.
Anja
Hi Marilyn,
I love your princess-especially because she isn't 'perfect'. I'll take 'character' over 'perfection' any time!
Great piece, Marilyn! As always! Sending big hugs to you!
Beautiful! You captured this one so well...I love the colors and tones! You are exceptionally talented.. Just Beautiful!
Post a Comment