
We are now carving our own stamps with the help of Pam Carriker's Journal 365 online workshop. She is leading me into so many areas that I've never ventured before.These are pictures of a recent journal entry I did using my own carved stamps. I've separated the pages and then took a photo of the complete spread. All the stamps, you see, here, are ones I've carved except the small daisies. I find this activity another relaxing exercising - and I've always admired the look of a hand-carved stamp. I like the distressed look of it - those imperfections in them that offer a more natural look. The stamps are nice and thick and I can see they would be wonderful for stamping on fabric, too. I find when I stamp, with them, I need a "cushie" thing underneath to help with getting the best impression. I use a magazine underneath or a computer mouse is great, too.
I hope you've all had a good beginning to your week. Our weather, here, is cooling off nicely, I must add, and have enjoyed having every window open in our house the past couple of days. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Fresh air!
A new school year is upon us and I hope for those, of you, who have school-aged children that they have a good year ahead. Time is moving so quickly isn't it?
You are all in my thoughts and hope, for you and yours, a safe and happy upcoming weekend.
Thank you all for your supportive, loving comments, here, that you leave for me; maybe that's why I like birds so much as you all have given me wings! :) Much love - Marilyn xxoo
27 comments:
Wow, Marilyn! Your new stamps are amazing! There really is something very special about the look of a hand carved stamp. Beautiful spread! Hugs, Terri xoxo
These are beautiful Marilyn!! I have never tried stamping but have always been temped to! Love these! :)
I love hand carved stamps too. I have been incorporating my Zentangles around my stamp images lately. Your Zentangles are outstanding. These journal pages are really wonderful. Have fun carving your stamps!
I would like to try my hand at hand carved stamps! Your work is beautiful.
oh yes carving stamps is another addicting activity isn't it M!
Yours are delightful! and certainly do add that special something to your pages = Lovely!!
open windows is wonderful ... ahhh here in N VA too :)
oxo
Marilyn, you never fail to amaze me....craving stamps and what a great job you have done....and your zentangles well they are amazing too......You go girl...you have the gift for sure....
Hugs
These are really terrific Marilyn! I love carving stamps also, but yours are exceptional, and those birds make me melt! Beautiful pages!!
I agree about the wings, I have found in this beautiful blog world we all help each other to fly together, leaving no one behind.
Hugs!
Oh wow these rock.
Absolutely beautiful. Love the colors.
Wow, great stamps Marilyn. I have yet to try that even though my pal Lyle stamp carver supreme says go for it. These came out great, love those pages. xox Corrine
oh I love carving my own stamps you make me want to take out some rubber and get back to carving!!
Marilyn the stamps are beautiful and your pages are fantastic as always! Have a nice evening. Hugs Alexandra
Another facet to your personality. You have so many you shine like a diamond my friend.
Impressive and inspiring.
these stamps are great Marilyn!
love your pages!
I love this!!!!
carving stamps is so much fun! love what you did with that house stamp. it's so neat!
Your journal works are wonderful, Marilyn! Love your hand carved stamps - the little birds are amazing. I also love the idea of doing the zentangle inside other stamp images - that I have to try. Thanks for your inspiration and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Cheers!
I love love your new stamps Marilyn! You've inspired me to make some new ones.
Wow Marilyn you certainly are branching out...just like your little adorable birdies. Your hand carved stamps are fabulous. Happy journaling...
when i started stamping i carved a lot... if these are your first pieces, so you are more than talented!! my first ones were rather bold...
you made a gorgeous spread with them, very charming - love the colors, too!
Beautiful pages Marilyn,I love the stamps you carved. I just bought a stamp carving kit at michael's last week,you inspired me to give it a try.Thanks.
What a wonderful new art skill to learn and have- beautiful stamping Marilyn. I think the possibilities are endless if you can make your own stamps!
I've been having a few computer problems and am so sorry I am late viewing this post.
You carved those BIRDS? I'm super impressed. Is there ANYTHING you can't do? Not much I suspect. I really love both pages you showed and I can see hand carved stamps now gracing your future art as well.
Have an awesome weekend.
I just read your lovely comment on my blog and I have to give you credit for the deli paper. If you had not posted that video way back when, I would never have tried making these backgrounds. Now they are some of my favorite substrates. So, the real kudos need to go to you, dear friend!
I have not hada lot of time to comment but I've enjoyed your recent posts and art adventures so much. I love stamp carving and these are great.
You never cease to amaze me, Marilyn! These pages are gorgeous and I love your carved stamps.
I've never tried carving stamps as yet ... maybe I should...
Love these stamps on your journal pages, Marilyn....and such beautiful pages...
YOur stamps are glorious!!! Isn't carving your own just such fun??? you have done a wonderful job and I love the house stamp so!!!
DID you carve the bluebird as well!!!
Bravo to you dear girl!!!
Yes our Becca 13 is back in school taking classes at the Middle School and then off to the High School for FRENCH!!! She is growing up so fast!! then our Matt is getting into the groove of his first year of college!!
Unfortunately Becca brought home a back to school present for her parents from which she has quickly recovered- a wonderful juicy head cold!!! the joys of school!!!! SIGH!!!!
Post a Comment