I love the onset of Fall and created this piece with that in mind. I really didn't think I'd end up with a witch! It just kind of happened! Honestly; I am not much of a Halloween fan but I do love the colors of the event. I've always loved a burnt orange with black and tones of yellow and gold.
This piece is a mixed media, 6 x 12 cradled canvas. I call this "The Good Witch" (no spooky or mean witches for me) :)
I like to think, of her, casting good spells on people; offering good health, peace of mind and heart.
I made her outrageous hat out of Plaster Cloth (see earlier post, below, of a video I did with its use). So; this piece is very textural.
If you like my "Good Witch", and you want to enter the giveaway, all you have to do is leave a comment, here, and I will take names up until Sunday, September 26th. I will announce the winner on Monday evening, September 27th.
If you're unable to leave a comment, you can email me privately.
Good luck and thanks so much for stopping by. I love your visits, your supportive comments and friendships. Offering these giveaways, is my way of showing my appreciation to all of you.
And may all of your witches that you encounter be good ones :)
Much love - Marilyn xxoo
49 comments:
I love the good witch. The warm fall colors feel inspired by the cool fall-like weather.
She´s so lovely, Marilyn. Like you, I´m not a Halloween fan, just like to make (and receive :-))Halloween themed art.
Your lovely witch personifies all of the colors of the season! What a wonderful way to celebrate Fall! I hope a lucky star is shining over my head when you choose the winner!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo
oh what a fabulous good witch! please count me in on this awesome give away!
Oh, she is an awesome good witch!! That face is beautiful Marilyn, and the colors are perfect! Thank you so much for the chance and your generousity!
Marilyn, you are so sweet to off this Fall blog giveaway! Ü I have the perfect spot in our home for your bewitching creation! Please count me in.
xox
Barb
Ohhh yes I like your "Good Witch" Please count me in. I wish you a wonderful evening my dear. Hugs Alexandra
She is indeed a good and beautiful witch- I love how Halloween is taking off in the blog world this early. I think the season changes bring about a flurry of creativity. Love this piece a lot Marilyn!
I love your good witch and I love seeing your journal pages, Marilyn. Thanks for the chance to win her.
I LOVE HER, I LOVE HER, I LOVE HER!!!!! She's fabulous!!!
ooo she's a wonderful witch and all the better casting her good spells Marilyn ... thank you so much for the chance to be a lucky winner in your fun and generous giveaway
oxo
I am a fan of Halloween art and your good witch definately qualifies! Thanks for the chance at a piece of your art!! As always love your art and blog. Sue I.
That beautiful face is a peace bringing witch! She is fantastic.....hehehe, nothing mean about her!!!!!!!
I would fly on a broom with her....hehehe!
Count me in on your generous give away Marilyn!
As always, thank you!!!!!
xoxoxoxox
Hugs,Patti
i love the good witches!! she is darling, i need to try to paint one too...or maybe i'll win yours and won't have to!!
She is just fabulous Marilyn and there are even bats flying near. That definately means good luck and cheer. Love it.
Love her. As a "Wicked" fan, I like both the good witch and the bad one. I am a Halloween fan, in part because I love fall, but I love the goofiness of the holiday as well.
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love participating in the hop. It's fun.
Love her. As a "Wicked" fan, I like both the good witch and the bad one. I am a Halloween fan, in part because I love fall, but I love the goofiness of the holiday as well.
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love participating in the hop. It's fun.
She is awesome!! Someday, I hope to be a good witch!!!
Your good witch is so awesome!
I have your signature......now all I need is the "art"...
I love your work it is so funky!!
Marilyn, I love your witch. She has a great look on her face. Your art is so beautiful!!
What fun to have a "Good Witch" giveaway. I would be honored to be entered to win this fabulous Marilyn original. Happy spells...
Oh wow so beautiful witch.
Fantastic structure. Love it.
Your good witch is adorable, Marilyn!
Thanks for the opportunity to win such a
lovely prize!
Thanks again for entering my giveaway!
Enjoy your day!
Gaby xo
Oh Yes, I would love to have her (I love Halloween!!)--make sure to stop over and enter my giveaway too!
She's adorable,love those colors too. I'm glad she's a good witch casting good spells. How nice that you're giving her away. Thanks for the chance.
how could i resist trying my luck? i love all halloweeny and this piece would be a treasure to have!! seems i am post no. 27 and this is my lucky number:))
Marilyn she is so beautiful! I love fall and all the wonderful colors!
Thanks for your comment over at my blog! :)
Marilyn, you have outdone yourself with this Good Witch. I love her and would be honored to find a place for her in my home. Have a great good Witchy day, too.
She certainly is a good witch. I can't picture you drawing any other kind. I'm with you on Halloween, but love the Fall and all it's colors and the snap in the air.
wonderful drawing as always. xox Corrine
She is a very pretty witch! In honor of fall, we went apple picking today!
I think she is wonderful. I must admit I love Halloween art and decorating so much. Love the plaster technique and will put it on my learn to do list also! :)Nan
love the good witch Marilyn!!
What a beautiful creation. The good witch is what I like about halloween, the witch in the sense of the wise woman or crone, that and the colours which in your creation are just wonderful!
Marilyn what a fabulous Good Witch.. She is just awesome and so artful. I love her.
Please count me in, this is such fun.
Have a nice day.
Huggers, Laura. xoxx
She's adorable!
whoa, lovely art piece....Thank you for sharing....
What a fabulous witch!!!
Love her!
She is great. I love fall colors too...and how nice to do a giveaway! If I had made this I would have a hard time parting w/ her!
what a terrific piece of "witchy" art, marilyn! ...i have finished my job and am home again...yay!
WOW what a fabulous good witch in a brilliant work!
Love your style. Ever unique ever incredible fantastic!
Have a nice weekend
hugs Anja
oh I love her!!!! you are so talented my dear! would love to be included in your giveaway! I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday (it is rainy and cool here)!
Your creations, Marilyn, are just so much darn FUN! I love your witch and my favorite time of the year is the Fall. I love it. Hugs and have a wonderful week.
I love your witch with all the wonderful colors you used. Please count me in for the giveaway!
Of course, count me in! Love the "good witch" but she does have a twinkle in her eye...which makes me think is she really such a "good" witch? ;-)
Oh, absolutely, count me in! She does, indeed, look like a Good Witch -- she shall be named Glinda, and she shall banish all the bad witches from the kingdom!
Diane
She is wonderful Marilyn!Please count me in :-)
Sanja xox
fantastic work Marilyn. hope your weekend as been a great one. Off to watch your video now
hugs June xxxxx
Post a Comment