Friday, September 3, 2010

A little exchange fun :)






















These are pictures of a little hand-made journal for an art exchange. We had a choice of two themes: Letters or Numbers. I chose Letters for mine. The top picture is the cover and the following are the beginning pages. The Zentangled crow is one of my first Zentangle exercises. I honestly didn't think I would enjoy the Zentangles but once I tried it, I got hooked. It's so relaxing and brings back memories of my doodling in my school books :)

I hope you all have a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend ahead. I can't believe we're at the end of summer soon. Frankly, I'm ready for it to pass; it's been a hot one and we've had another heat wave to get through this past week. We're expecting a cold front tomorrow; I so hope to feel the cool air so we can open some windows here.

I also hope no one is in the path of Hurricane Earl. I think it's pooping out, a bit, but parts of the coast could still get heavy winds and rain - hope everyone is safe!

Much love to all! -Marilyn xxoo





26 comments:

Dianne said...

Love the crow pages... but then I love crows! Have a wonderful weekend!

roc said...

love your crow zentangle! awesome! your backgrounds are always so wonderful.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wish you a fun, COOL, and safe holiday, too dear friend. That crow zentangle blew me away. I am one of a handful of people in the world who does not doodle, and I have only made one zentangle (and that was one too many). For some reason, those (like you) who love the technique say it's relaxing. My hand cramps just thinking the word! But you really did it justice. That crow is one of the best zentangle examples I have ever seen.

Happy Labor Day.

Deb L. said...

Great journal pages... love the crows! Have a wonderful holiday weekend.... we will have to catch up soon :) xox Deb

Createology said...

Hi Marilyn. I have missed so much while away and now must get caught up. Your grey and pink journal pages are beautiful. This little letters journal looks like a wonderful creative enterprise. Safe and Happy Labor Day weekend...

Nancy said...

Marilyn, I keep reading about Zentangles but until recently I had never heard of them...guess that shows me being out of the loop.....uh? Your crow is wonderful and amazing that it's your first......

I hope you get some relief from the heat this weekend and have a cool and relazing Labor Day weekend...you said Memorial Day in your post and I was wondering if you were just not ready for the fall? hahahahha

Hugs my friend

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Your art work is fantastic, I like the colours and your style and I love the zentangled crow - I guess you drew the outline then filled it in.

Alexandra said...

I love the first card. I not a fan from zentangle but your bird is fantastic Marilyn! Have a save weekend my friend. Hugs Alexandra

Jacky said...

Beautiful and I love your zentangle crow....I love zentangles, but then, I am a bit of a doodler.

Jacky xox

Nan said...

Your pieces are great. Love the zentangle crow. I have been seeing it on the art radar a lot recently but haven't tried it yet. Always loved to doodle so I'll have to try it! Watched your videos and wanted to say thanks for sharing such great info ! :) Nan

Sandy said...

Oh wow so fantastic pages.
Unbelievable.

Have a lovely weekend.

Diane said...

Marilyn--love that zentangle crow--you're a natural at doodling!
It's actually only going to be 65 here today--I'm welcoming the cool weather (can't believe I just said that :)

Martina said...

Love your pages, Marilyn and the crows are fantastic!
Wish you a wonderful weekend.

Terri Kahrs said...

Your pages are wonderful, Marilyn, but I LOVE that zentangled crow! Very c-o-o-l!!! Hope you have a wonderful Holiday weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Anonymous said...

That crow is wonderful Marilyn, as are all your pages. What a fun swap. xox Corrine

Lori Saul said...

Wonderful Zentangle- you have so many talents- each a unique and beautiful art expression. Have a restful weekend!

Buffy said...

Gorgeous pages. I love all of them. I havent tried zentangles yet but I love to doodle,it is relaxing.

bockel24 said...

Really love the butterfly piece!

.Trudi Sissons said...

All fun pages but I am really drawn to the way you created the crow! I'm hoping we still have an Indian Summer left here - for our summner months have been rainy and cool.

~*~Patty S said...

FAB pages M!
Doodling/Zentangling can really be fun ... your crow is wonderful ... great addition to the page!
We have our windows open today here in N VA ... first time in a very long time ... ahhh!
Enjoy the long weekend and thanks as always for sharing and inspiring!
oxo

Diane J. Evans said...

Don't you just love Zentangles?! And you're very good at creating them! Lovely pages, Marilyn.

Diane

sharon said...

Wow Marilyn! Loooove that zentangle crow, and those luscious layers you always create!
Hope yo are having a great holiday, and thanks for your uplifting words.

Kimber said...

Beautiful! Your Zentangle crow is amazing! I also really enjoy doing Zentangles.
Hope you are getting some cool breezes!

Gaby Bee said...

These pages are really cool. Love them all, but especially the red one.
Enjoy your day!

Hugs, Gaby

Peggy Beck said...

Marilyn I so love your zentangle crow!!! I have done a few on my own too, but your cards are just fantastic.

Steph said...

love love these ATCs....I've been missing soo much from your blog, Marilyn.....