Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Green Pepper Press Street Team Crusade


For so long, years even, I have "lurked" on Michelle Ward's site.

I've been inspired by, not only her artwork, rubber stamp offerings, her writings, but also what an interactive site she has. Her challenges through her Green Pepper Press Street Team Crusades are awesome and I've meant to join in the fun for so long.

See the Street Team button on my side bar, click it and check it out. Her tutorials are amazing and I love her projects and challenges. I'm sure most of you have visited her site and played along but for those of you who haven't, it's so worth it. I'm so happy I took the leap!

Her recent Crusade #45 was for us to use any background that we've had in our stash and never really knew what we were going to do with it. This challenge just hit me over the head like a hammer!!!! WOW!

I have many backgrounds from projects, classes, playing, etc. I also always use a "serendipity" sheet of watercolor paper beside me when I'm creating. I use it for cleaning off a brayer or paint brush, old credit card, etc., whatever I'm using for painting. I end up with a very interesting background piece for a someday :)

The photos, here, are of my beginning background that I had from a serendipity piece from my demos for promoting the mono printing class that Kerri and I have coming up this weekend.

The other photo is what I did with the background that I color copied. I have a couple more, to do, as the challenge was to make 2-3 color copies of our backgrounds and then do different things with them. If time allows, I will do, at least, one more.

So; I feel after this super challenge, I will never be at a loss for what to do with some of the backgrounds that I have, here, laying around. This particular piece I am going to use as a "tip in" for my journal I have going on. Or I can accumulate a bunch of these and make another journal! Fun! I can hardly wait for the next crusade!

Are you all having a good week? I hope so!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo




34 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this rock.
Incredible background and the collage is beautiful. I love it.

michelle ward said...

Marilyn - bravo! Yay for coming out of the shadows and sharing your work with the team! Love the original background - I spy some brayerings....cool to here you keep a *serendipity* paper nearby - great idea! The finished page is yummy - so many terrific elements. Can't wait to see what you do on the additional copies! Again, thanks for playing, and for the kind words :)

Femmy said...

what an amazing piece Marilyn!! the background is fantastic and you created such an interesting piece with it!!

Anonymous said...

This really is a solid piece...I love it!
Very creative..and all of that yummy layering...well, it nearly has me drooling over my laptop!
heheeee...

gorgeous...happy creating

ciao bella

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Cathy Bueti said...

This is great Marilyn! Love it! The colors are so cool! :)

Anonymous said...

Well you certainly jumped in with both feet. This came out great. A new journal in the making. xox Corrine

~*~Patty S said...

Fabulous before and after Marilyn! Love your collages!
oxo

Terri Kahrs said...

Marilyn, I love your original background, and the way you've "enhanced" it for your finished collage! Can't wait to see more!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Yvonne said...

This does rock, Marilyn! Gorgeous piece!

Peggy Beck said...

Awesome Marilyn.

Patti G. said...

This is beautiful Marilyn and I will check back to see what else you create! This piece is stunning and the added elements make that background pop!!!!!
Hugs,Patti

Barb said...

Hi Marilyn,
Another fantastic creation, and I see you have incorporated a "crow" into your collage. See, I do pay attention!!
Barb

Alexandra said...

I love backgrounds and your background is stunning Marilyn. Your artwork is fantastic! Have a nice day. Hugs Alexandra

Sugar Lump Studios said...

beautiful collage and the background is fabulous! Thank you for sharing the Green Street link - haven't been there for awhile. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful fall weather! :)

Buffy said...

Love what you did with the background. I too have so many backgrounds sitting around. Sometimes if I don't know what to paint,I'll do a background. I'm gonna go check out her site. Thanks for the inspiration.

Diane said...

I'm so glad that you share your art with all of us--it needs to be out there!!

Elizabeth said...

I was so into Michelles challenges for so long!! I miss them life just got busy!!! Perhaps soon I will be able to wade back in!! This is a fabulous challenge and I love how you have proceeded!!! your serendipity pages are a wonderful idea- I usually use paper towels which I save for collage but I have so many - I am goign to borrow your idea if I may!! Love your collages!!!! I am so glad that you took the big jump into Michelles welcoming community of inspiration!!

Martina said...

Excellent, brilliant, great collage!!!

Gaby Bee said...

Gorgeous and as always, you've outdone yourself! I love the way you use color, it's so vibrant and lively :)
Gaby xo

Regina said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog & leading me to your fantastic blog.
This is a really cool post. I'm trying to figure out my GPP assignment. The copies are just waiting for me. You've given me some ideas. Thanks!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW I'm excited the background colors are so bright and the collage a really gorgeous creation.

Createology said...

I am speechless at the intensity and beauty of the colors and details. Marilyn you ROCK! Happy creating...

johanna said...

i love what you did with this background. cool idea with the serendipity sheets having always laying there... wonderful base for the collage!

Marble Blue said...

amazing how different the finished piece is from the original - talk about transformation. Gorgeous.

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful art collage full of expression and sensitive use of color! Have a super weekend Marilyn!

Kimber said...

Love your background! Really beautiful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have never seen this challenge. Looks wonderful. I sure like what you created here, and I find this type of background is always the best, since it can NEVER, EVER be replicated. Love all you did with this page.

VStarRider said...

I LOVE the way you sketched around the red block of color, turning it into a "window" - Very Cool!!!! And your collage is very interesting, too. Thanks for the tip on the "serendipity" paper - what a great idea - I'm going to have to use that!
Cindi

Griselda said...

Very good work...wonderful in fact!!
I miss participating in Michele's blog :(

vintage wil said...

Oh gorgeous background! great image!!!

Kari Desi said...

Love how your backgrounds came out. Wonderful colors and images!

Deborah said...

What a beautiful piece, Marilyn. I'm STILL a GPP street team lurker too but maybe one day.... :-)

TJ said...

Hi Marilyn, I lurked a long time too before Crusading. But isn't it great to be a part of it? Your page is beautiful. Happy creations from germany, tj

Anonymous said...

Really nice to meet you via the Crusades. I like the colours of the paper you started with, and the variety of marks in the final piece. Love it.