Friday, October 29, 2010

Journaling......................


This is a picture of a journal page I have been working on this past week. I try to keep up with some portrait work, from time-to-time, to incorporate in my journals.

I collaged the dress section with paper that I made and will be sharing a short video tutorial in near future of how I did it. :)

I am going to add some writing to this journal page, perhaps in between the strips in the background but the words aren't surfacing at the moment.

If I'm a little quiet, the next few days, it's because I will be resuming spending time with Sophia this coming week (I've missed her), getting to some art projects,which includes the video tutorial I discussed above.

Halloween is this weekend and I wish you all a safe and happy one. Sophia is going to be a lady bug and I cannot wait to see her in costume. I will get a picture for sure :)

I can never say thank you, enough, to all of you for your friendships, support and lovely comments you leave here. I couldn't do what I do without you!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

25 comments:

Femmy said...

it's beautiful marilyn, love the texture in the dress!!!

Buffy said...

Beautiful,love the background too. Can't wait for the tutorial. Also looking forward to seeing sophia in her costume. My grandsons are going to be nemo and peter pan. I'm so looking forward to seeing them.

Cathy Bueti said...

HI Marilyn! She is lovely! Have a great weekend! :)

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I love her dark hair and the fair skin! you sure make beautiful art! :) Have a wonderful weekend m'dear!

Caterina Giglio said...

nice page and I like the idea of adding the writing now! hope you are feeling much better!

Janet Ghio said...

Like the way you have done her hair with the little wisps at the bottom.

Anonymous said...

Love those rosie cheeks! I can't wait to see Sophia as a ladybug, the little kids in costumes are the cutest. xox Corrine

~*~Patty S said...

Hope we get a peek at your precious lady bug ...

Wonderful journal page, thank you for sharing and always inspiring M!

Happy Halloween to you all too!
oxo

Diane said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! I can't wait for the tutorial--enjoy Sophia!!

Peggy Beck said...

She's a wonderful portrait Marilyn and I know the words will come to you. Hope you are feeling better.

Createology said...

Safe travels my dear. Sophia will be an adorable ladybug. Enjoy your Happy Halloweekend...

Terri Kahrs said...

Enjoy your "Sophia Time", Grammy!!!! I can't wait to see pics of her in her ladybug costume. She'll melt a lot of heartstrings this weekend, I'm sure!!! Happy Weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Numinosity said...

Her spiky spiky ends of hair are lovely as will be the journal pages. Really nice!
xoxo Kim

sharon said...

Gorgeous face Marilyn, and the colors are striking!

Happiest halloween to you and Sophia!

Tolegranny said...

Very nice Marilyn. I started one myself this week. I'm new at it. I don't it ended up too bad. Take a look at tell me what you think.

Poetic Artist said...

She is lovely..I also love the header..Have a great weekend.
Katelen

Sandy said...

Oh wow so beautiful painting art.
She is lovely.

Have a lovely weekend my dear friend.

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful portrait work - sensitve and full of expression. Love the mixing of mediums Marilyn. Have a wonderful weekend with Sophia!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn, I believe this is my first time to visit you.
You have a wonderful blog and the art work is interesting as well.
I love your header?.. did you create it yourself?
I need to get one for my blog of my own art work collaged together.
so nice to meet you..
Hugs, Darlene ♥

Sugar Lump Studios said...

just stopped by to wish you a Happy Halloween! I think you changed your blog around a bit? it looks nice!

Wooded Solitude said...

lovely portrait - can't wait to see the video - as always!
I will be looking forward to Sophia as a lady bug too!!

Diane J. Evans said...

She's a perfect lady in her textured blue dress -- love the paper you used. A great job, as always.

Diane

Deborah said...

What a wonderful portrait, Marilyn! I am enjoying looking at the art on your fab blog - I would have visited before but blogger doesn't always play nice with me. Have a lovely time with Sophia.

Alexandra said...

I love your journal page! Fantastic work Marilyn. And your ATCs are stunning!
Hugs Alexandra

.Trudi Sissons said...

Wow Marilyn - I can remember when you first started blogging about your drawing - your faces have developed so nicely and it's encouraging to me to have watched you progress so well. What a gorgeous little lady bug and delight!!!