I thought I'd share some samples of my Elastack mono prints from a demo I did last Saturday to promote the mono printing workshop that Kerri

and I are team-teaching on Sunday, October 17th (see my side bar).
We spent some time, yesterday, "cooking" the Elastack, in preparation for the class, and I always enjoy my time with Kerri. She inspires me so much and her sense of humor is just wonderful. If you visit her Blog, highlighted above, you will get a sense of her humor from some of her writings. I still say she's going to write a book some day and I will certainly be at her book signing wherever that my be :)
These samples are done on a variety of papers. I found that the mono prints bode well on most papers. I would not recommend a heavy-porous water color paper.
But; the prints come out beautifully on antique ledger paper, old music sheets, a smooth watercolor paper, and even scrapbook paper. I love using die cuts as masking elements, natural elements from outdoors; the possibilities are endless. Once a print is made, you can go back in and embellish as you wish. Fun!
Thanks for your lovely comments, you leave for me, I always appreciate your support and friendships. I so enjoy visiting your Blogs for inspiration and am always in awe of the things you all are doing with your art!
Have a joyous day and a safe, happy, and artful week ahead.
Peace, joy, and love to all of you! -Marilyn xxoo
14 comments:
Love these samples. They make me want to stop sewing and get out the gelatin and play. I never thought of using die cuts. I have used stencils, leaves, paper doilies, etc., but never die cuts. You really inspire me with these samples. Glad to hear your cooking session went well, too. The things we must endure to prep for a class (grin).
Oh wow what for great samples.
Unbelievbale.
These are great Marilyn! And I so enjoy your visits to my blog! Thanks for your comments! :)
Great samples and your class will be great, if your videos are any example. Wish I lived closer. xox Corrine
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I love what you two have donw here! I love the Tim Holtz birdcage dye cut and I have a few of his. Hmmmm, guess what I might be doing. Love your fall leaves! xoxo
You're a busy gal....these are wonderful and I know the workshop is going to be great..I wish I lived closer to you so I could take advantage of your knowledge in person......
I am so glad you are having fun....
Wow, many many many samples. You sure have been busy. Love them all Marilyn and can't wait for our next meeting.
These are super Marilyn, and how nice to have a pile of them together!!! Your students will be so happy with this!
The monoprints look wonderful. Love that one with the bird and birdcage! Did you do that with a cut out?
Great samples. I would love to do that class.
Jacky xox
I love that you have alot of samples for your class,I think your students will appreciate that,they all look great,love the one with the girl and the flower in the background.
nice prints and great samples, bet the class will be great!
These are wonderful Marilyn- you always have so many great techniques- I learn alot from your creative endeavors and you make everything look so easy! Beautiful art my friend!
My you girls have been busy with the monoprinting. I think your class will be a huge success. Lots of fun and laughter in learning. Happy teaching...
What a magnificent collection of mono prints. I bet the class will be gorgeous!
I wish I lived closer...
Post a Comment