Sunday, November 7, 2010

Before and After :)

















I've been playing around with cabinet cards this week. I have a collection, of them here, and feel they make wonderful substrates for altered art. I've taken pictures of the before and after of each one. The "angel" card is really a drastic change isn't it?

Hope you're all having a great weekend and I wish you a safe and happy week ahead.

Best wishes to all of you!

Love, Marilyn xxoo

22 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh, these before and after pictures are fantastic, Marilyn!

Cindy McMath said...

Marilyn, these are wonderful! Talk about "extreme makeovers"! The angel card is very compelling.

Cindy :)

sharon said...

Striking and powerful Marilyn!! I adore them!

Femmy said...

love how you altered them, great job!!

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow wow wow wow Marilyn wonderfrul before and after work. This is gorgeous. Love them.

Have a lovely day my friend.

Diane said...

Wonderful--I'm so glad that they had these cabinet cards way back when--just a completely different world back then.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
these are so cool! I really love how you shared the before and after. Awesome images and art! Hope you have a wonderful week - it is supposed to be in the 60's here! :)

Buffy said...

This looks like so much fun. Love them both.

Patti G. said...

Marilyn,
your altered cabinet cards are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just wonderful, you have created a fun new life for them!
xoxoxox
Hugs,Patti

Terri Kahrs said...

It's awesome to see these wonderful cards and how you've altered them so beautifully, Marilyn! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what a fantasic metamorphosis, gorgeous art works.
Hugs Anja

~*~Patty S said...

brilliant transformations with the cabinet cards M!

oxo

Numinosity said...

I totally agree with the other comments. Cindy's "extreme makeover" comment made me laugh. Were these altered originals or copies? I have a hard time thinking about letting the originals go even for such a good cause as the artwork.
xoxo Kim

Numinosity said...

OK, now in the re-reading I see you've used them as a substrate. That takes confidence!
xoxo Kim

Diane J. Evans said...

Your imagination soars again, Marilyn -- how DO you think of these beautiful embellishments?!

Diane

Nancy said...

What a difference you have made in them...great job....I love seeing the before and after side by side....

Dianne said...

These are very cool... love the before and after you did.

Createology said...

This is a great creative way to alter those images. Your muse is working overtime. Happy week to you...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That angel card is a total makeover. I would never have known it was the same card without seeing the original. I love both, though.

Gaby Bee said...

These altered cab cards are fantastic. Love them both!

Martina said...

These are awesome, Marilyn! I'm just amazed at your creativity and your creations :) BRAVO

Janny said...

This is looking really great! Have a good time!