Thursday, November 4, 2010

Inspiration..................



I do believe as long as I can have days with Sophia, I will never run out of inspiration. :)

Last week I was under the weather and could not spend my two days during the week with Sophia as I did not want to infect her with the nasty bug I had.

This week, I was able to get back, to her, and oh how I missed her. I do feel she missed, me too, and we had such a wonderful reunion! The first day back, the sun was shining, fall colors were surrounding us, and we started our day with breakfast. I captured the picture of Sophia, here, eating breakfast and I really feel she decided to entertain me this whole day beginning with the giggles while eating. She spread food all over her face, and she was giggling and laughing and she had me laughing so hard; what a moment together. Of course, I had to get a picture of this. I took this shot with my phone, too. The rest of the day was spent playing with her toys, we took a nice, long walk as the air was just delightful, I read to her, she napped and what a perfect day I thought. I truly felt it doesn't get any better than this!

I came home, that night, to a new lesson for my online journal class I am taking with Pam Carriker. I just completed the page, today, and wanted to share it.

It is, of course, Sophia inspired. I was on a high from that first day back, with her, and this journal lesson was perfect timing. We had to use newspaper as a background, choose some words that jumped out at us and outline them, choose an image and go from there with white washing and adding more text,paints, etc.

I couldn't find anything inspirational in terms of newspaper that I have here, so I decided to use some text from a very old childrens' book that I have here. Sophia loves to be read to; particularly nursery rhymes as she loves the "sing, song" of the words and Grandma always over-accentuates the rhyme, with making the animal sounds, etc. I used Little Bo Peep for this background and outlined some words that had meaning for me. I used one of my favorite pictures of Sophia that I have; copied that as that was part of our lesson. We could use a person, a pet, any image that we wanted and had to make a black/white copy of it, sketch around it and white wash it.

I found the words Today is a Picture Perfect Day in a magazine and felt they were perfect for how I was feeling from spending what I thought was a perfect day with Sophia. I collaged them on the journal page, and blended them into the page with paint and shadowing.

I hope you and yours are all well and I wish you a safe and happy upcoming weekend!

Much love, Marilyn xxoo

26 comments:

Carol Q said...

she is a gorgeous child Marilyn, no wonder you're so hooked. your page celebrating her is just lovely

Martina said...

What a sweet mouse! She is really to love. And your site is perfect, love Marilyn.

sharon said...

She is so beautiful and that giggle looks infectious! Your page is outstanding,and this class sounds so intersting! Your pages get better and better!

fran pascazio said...

Great post Marilyn . . . and your right, it DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THAT. What more could you ask for?

And you journal page is terrrrific!

good wishes....

Terri Kahrs said...

I DO believe that you've managed to capture those precious moments to hold forever in your beautiful journal page, Marilyn! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love your art...and i love your love for sophia!

how beautiful it is that you've shared those precious giggles with us!

ciao bella!

creative carmelina

Patti Sandham said...

What an awesome picture of Sophia in full giggle mode! I can see why you were inspired. I find when I journal about an event or sweet memory like you have that it really brings back the feeling of the moment when you revisit it later. Enjoy it all!

Hugs

Createology said...

Ooh Marilyn you will definitely have infinite inspiration with Sophia and how wonderful for both of you! This page is priceless. What a joy it is to be a Grandma as we are so much more relaxed and can enjoy the all of the experiences to the fullest. Blessings...

Butterfly Works said...

I could giggle right along with you two...She's so precious and what a wonderful day you had with her...

Your page is wonderful and one I am sure you will hold special for all time. Just think how much she is going to enjoy seeing all these pages you are making of her when she gets to be a big girl....

Sandy said...

Oh how sweet.
Absolutely darling. I love your page.
I love it.

Have a lovely weekend my friend.

Femmy said...

what a sweet granddaughter you have Marilyn!!! the page is gorgeous!

Diane said...

Just think how she's going to cherish this when she's older!!

Buffy said...

I think when babies laugh they make us laugh. She's so adorable even with the food on her. She put a smile on my face. I love your journal page too.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are better, it is always a perfect day when the little ones are with you. Great page. xox Corrine

Caterina Giglio said...

lucky you to have such an adorable inspiration!! xo

Laura Haviland said...

Oh what a little sweetheart,so perfect she is..Love giggling..
I love your new page, it is just beautiful and love the words too.
You inspire me to try harder Marilyn,such a huge inspiration you are...
Love you bunches my dear friend.
Enjoy your little angel, oh they grow to fast.
Love Laura. xoxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sophia would be inspiration ANY day, but that photo of her with food on her face is priceless. And of course, the art you created as a result makes it not only a picture perfect day, but a fun day for us to see, as well! Lovely and fun filled post, dear. Glad you are feeling better, too.

Patti G. said...

Oh sweet GRandma Marilyn, what a fantastic page with DARLING Sophia!!!!!!!!!
I can imagine she is the muse to your inspiratin! FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOnderful!
Hugs,Patti

Peggy Beck said...

I'm so happy that you are back with Sophia and enjoying the moments. Love the page too Marilyn. Hope to see you soon.

Lori Saul said...

A beautiful baby and so happy! Gorgeous art as always. Have a wonderful weekend Marilyn!

Alexandra said...

Fantastic Marilyn. ... and Sophia is so cute.
Have a nice weekend
Hugs Alexandra

Sugar Lump Studios said...

she is such a doll! You are very blessed! I love your beautiful journal pages - they are always the perfection of composition! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Diane J. Evans said...

She's precious, Marilyn -- and your page captures her perfectly! Such fun!

Diane

Debbie said...

What a cute muse Marilyn! Btw, you are the winner of my giveaway! Please email me your address so I can send you the painting you won. xoxo

~*~Patty S said...

I can feel the joy and the giggles of your sweet girl ... precious picture and your creation is so inspired and priceless too ... can you tell I really like it!

Children are such rays of sunshine reminding us about the joy in the little things!

Four days of being completely unplugged I am enjoying playing catch up!
oxo

Gaby Bee said...

Great shot! Sophia is such a cutie. Give her a bug hug and a snuggle from me! Love your page, Marilyn!