Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Wish..................................


Hello Friends!
I've been so behind, not only, with my own Blog but visiting all of yours. Time is getting away from us isn't it?

It's been a busy couple of weeks, here, and there's more to come with holiday stuff, we have birthdays to celebrate, this month, in my family, and Sophia's is approaching soon. I cannot wait to see her taste her first piece of cake! I will have to get that captured on camera :)

I did want to share this photo, with you, which is a picture of what I have, so far, from Pam Carriker's Angel's Anthology online class (see sidebar). We're already in lesson 3 so I have to work, on that yet, but this is from lesson 1 and 2. I love the process. It's kind of like an assemblage on canvas.
The red wing, is not permanently adhered yet, I'm debating. I thought it would offset the little red heart but not sure. Any thoughts?

If you click on the picture, hopefully you'll be able to read the words there. This is my wish for all of you for your holiday:

"Joy for your spirit
Love for your heart
Peace for your soul"

I am thankful for all of you who keep me flying between your supportive and caring feedback and always inspiring me with your words and art.

Have a safe, joyous and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

27 comments:

Effy Wild said...

Oh...I so wanted to take that class, but I just couldn't afford it. Alas...one day. :) Your piece is beautiful. I'm really loving doing angels myself these days.

Yvonne said...

Big time gorgeous, Marilyn!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what a gorgeous background! Angel and background match superb.
Hugs Anja

Buffy said...

I love the red wing! Beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing about the class. I wish I could take it but not now too busy and not the best time of year for me to spend any xtra money. LOL. Hope you have a nice thanksgiving.

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is darling.
So gorgeous work. I love it.

I wish you and yours a wonderful thansgiving. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Joyous thanksgiving to you too. Love how this piece is coming along, so white, so warm, so winter. xox Corrine

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE the red wings and the little red heart! Gorgeous, Marilyn! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours1 Hugs, Terri xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Welcome back! You were missed. I love the angel, but the coat you chose for her shows so much imagination. Wonderful assemblage.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Needless to say, give Sophia a big hug and kiss.

Femmy said...

it's gorgeous Marilyn!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

~*~Patty S said...

Love what you're creating in Pam's class, the corrugated angel dress is precious!
The red wing is sweet too...maybe touch it lightly with a wee bit of white paint or gesso?
Sweet Sophia almost one...already!
Enjoy Enjoy dear M!
Happy Holidays one and all!
oxo

sharon said...

Beautiful, sweet and serene piece Marilyn, and I am loving all the texture!
Wishing you a very beautiful Thanksgiving!

Nancy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you special lady....

I love this piece....and I can see you are having fun with this class.

Kerri Jean said...

Hi Marilyn, Love this beautiful textural angel. My eye goes immediately to the wing, as it's both in the center & very bright. I was going to suggest the same as Patty S -- to perhaps brush it with a bit of gesso (or gold) to soften it just a wee bit and bring attention to the heart. xoxo

Deb L. said...

So lovely, M! I think the red wings are just the right touch :)
Sending love and wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving (who's doing the cookiing at your house?) - let's catch up soon..xox Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh Marilyn, this is sooo precious !! What absolutely gorgeous work, love the textural look and the white. fabulous BRAVO !!
hugs June xxxx

Lori Saul said...

This is so beautiful Marilyn- a precious sense of ethereal spirit. I want to wish you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving day and feast!

Jacky said...

More Angel art...I love it. I am always attracted to angels in art work!

Beautiful piece (must be a great class) and I have noted that lovely quote in my journal.

Jacky xox

Janny said...

It's gorgeous,I love the snowy effect;o)

Caterina Giglio said...

happy thanksgiving! may you have a beautiful day! xo

Debbie said...

I love your angel Marilyn! I can tell you are enjoying your class. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Peggy Beck said...

I too love this angel. The texture in her coat, the red heart and wing and the white. I love white. She is quite gorgeous and I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving too.

Createology said...

It is so nice to find your post and see you are well and busy and still creating. This angel is beautiful and your words are the best sentiment. Enjoy your busy birthday/holiday season of making memories. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Miss Marilyn...

johanna said...

what a perfect piece for the season! love the corrugated cloth of the angel, and the background is just gorgeous!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
this is such a gorgeous page. I love all the texture and the sweet image. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Diane said...

Beautiful Marilyn!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sanja said...

Beautiful piece Marilyn!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours
Hugs
Sanja xox

.Trudi Sissons said...

Hi Marilyn!
I love the red wing and agree with you that it 'offsets' the heart - what a great sounding class. The corrugated body is perfect.