Thursday, January 27, 2011

"I Get Misty" :)

Here's another 8 x 8 creation for my journal. I felt like keeping with the color mode.

I am SO loving Misty Mawn's online class. I just can't say enough about it. I'm learning so much, working at my own pace, although feeling a bit behind :) But; Misty is really jam-packing the lessons with written assignments as well as cool art techniques.

I worked on some background pages, ahead, and am now going back and adding collage, drawings and painting, stencils, transfers - you name it, it's in there.

My thoughts are with all those effected by this latest coastal storm. I hope everyone is safe. New York City and Boston area are getting socked! What an active winter we are having. Here, today, is going to reach 32 degrees and it already feels like 70 compared to a few days ago. :)

Another weekend is facing us and wish you all a safe, warm, and happy one!

Love much - Marilyn xxoo


23 comments:

Carol Q said...

gorgeous page Marilyn, feels very peaceful. i know what you mean about the temperature, we had similar in December and it goes up to freezing and you think it's virtually warm!lol

Cathy Bueti said...

Marilyn this is lovely! Your portraits are so beautiful! I really like the colors you use! I hope to take a misty class sometime! I just missed getting into this one!

I am not far from NYC and we just got another foot of snow here! Its a crazy winter and we are only getting through January! I am already looking forward to spring! Hope you are staying warm where you are. And yes, 32 would be a nice temp for here! It would feel like a heat wave! lol

Diane said...

Love this page, Marilyn! Especially that flower in her hair & her little green dress. Wonderful work! Hugs, Diane

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful textured page!!!!! I am loving that red! Another foot of snow here, but we are dug out and the temps here are 30F too. No more shoveling for me,
play time, unless of course work interupts...xox Corrine

Femmy said...

beautiful page Marilyn!! Love the background!! your 'rosetta'is gorgeous too!!

sharon said...

I love that rose and green color....this is soooo pretty, and I love all the details and layers!
Stay warm!

Deborah said...

What a wonderful colour combo, Marilyn. Another beautiful page!

Lori Saul said...

I love these wonderful faces -they are 'Misty' inspired but truly your own Marilyn- this work is beautiful!

Peggy Beck said...

Each new page is just as wonderful or better than the last one. I love watching you grow as an artist and your portrait skills are getting really nice. Rosetta is quite pretty. Love them all.

Yvonne said...

Each piece is better than the last, what awesome work, Marilyn!

Rebecca Anthony said...

Wow, this is really gorgeous! I love the face and the background is fab!

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful portraits!!!

Celeste said...

Love your page Marilyn. The girl is really beautiful.

Buffy said...

She's beautiful Marilyn,and love that background.

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, this is precious! I love the colors, your artful drawing and the background too! Just beautiful!!!! Glad you are enjoying your online class with Misty! That is so neat!!!!
oxoxoxo
Hugs,Patti

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

A new class, a new blog banner, and FOUR new drawings/portraits later, I finally made it for a visit. And what can I say, but these ladies are stunning. I love how you use different techniques and a different color pallet along the way, too. Your art is always magical to me.

I hope YOUR weather is not as bad as NYC's and Boston's. Stay warm and safe. Thanks for stopping in for a visit, too. It means SO much to me.

rachel awes said...

so lovely to find your blog!
i love your women ...
the colors, layers, words...
sooooo beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Another fabulous piece beautifully done Marilyn. Your work is always superb

Laura Haviland said...

Inspirational "Sweetest" Marilyn,
oh I just love her face,so full of feeling.You capture such a soulful dreamy focus.
I also really like the shading in her full glamour lip. Awesome...
Her dress is so unique too.
She is rocking, oh yes..
Can you tell,I really get Misty. haha. Fabulous..
Have a great day.
Lots of Love, Laura. xoxx

~*~Patty S said...

really Love everything about this musical piece M
the flower reminds me of a cosmos...such a delicate and yet hardy bloomer! the music dress and birdie...all so wonderful!

Love hearing that Misty is teaching fab online classes too...she is brilliant in person!

stay cozy and warm...Loving your 8x8 creations for your special journal!
oxo

Diane said...

You are making me VERY envious Marilyn. My son lives in NYC, and he tells me that they have no where to put the snow--a big mess!

Marlynn said...

Love it as always! You are so talented girlfriend! Hugs

HeARTworks said...

Wonderful page! You are learning a lot! Patsy from
HeARTworks