Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Rescue"


Here is another 8 x 8 page. The paper is 140 lb. cotton; hot press and I'm loving how it takes any medium and lots of erasing and scrubbing :).

I did not use Payne's Gray for this one; decided to go with mixture of Carbon Black, Titanium White and small accents of Quin. Azo Gold, and Quin. Red.

I entitled this piece "Rescue" and I think it reflects our very cold temps. that we are experiencing here. Today will be 14 and Sunday a whopping 7 degrees!

But; what I notice about these temps. is the quiet of it ya know?

Enjoy your weekend and if you like football playoffs, tomorrow is going to offer two very exciting games. There will be no art for me tomorrow - it will be noshing and watching the games. :)

I will be keeping warm thoughts of all of you!

Love much - Marilyn

30 comments:

Kim said...

Your art is absoultely gorgeous. I really relate to it.

Kim said...

Ps, Im Nessmary in mistys class

Diane said...

Beautiful Marilyn--and what a great banner too. I didn't know that they made paper that heavy--where did you get it?
It's very very cold this weekend here too--stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Based on the birds eating at my feeders, rescue indeed. It's 10 here this morning, but it is quiet, I agree. Enjoy the playoffs, we will peek at both games I suspect. xox Corrine

Numinosity said...

One of the things loved about Alaska was the quiet of the the really cold weather. The atmosphere changes.
You've captured it well here.

xoxo Kim

Buffy said...

I love this one,its my new favorite of yours. I love the mood you created. peaceful and quiet.

Healing Woman said...

Yes..wonderful job with this painting. It looks like such a classic. You'll get back into vivid colors when the season changes but for now...the grays are wonderful.

Dianne said...

I love this painting! It does portray the cold... but at the same time it's soft and "quiet."

Cathy Bueti said...

Marilyn, this is so beautiful! Thanks for your sweet comment on my angel! We are freezing here too! Stay warm and enjoy the games! :)

Yvonne said...

Heavenly, yes that's the word to use, Marilyn!

Peggy Beck said...

Beautiful Marilyn. I must take one of these classes some day! You are so talented. I love your work

Terri Kahrs said...

I'll be watching those games too, Marilyn -- even though my team didn't make the playoffs, I do have a few favorites! This is absolutely lovely and truly conveys a feeling of "cold"!!! Hugs, Terri xoxox

Patti Sandham said...

Love what your doing in Misty's class! This painting and the last one are just wonderful! It will be an incredible book when your done.

Hugs

Caterina Giglio said...

this tells a lovely story, love the black and white...

Cynthia Julian said...

Marilyn, I am very drawn to the melancholy, evocative mood that you capture in this peice and inte previous one, Payne's Grey. The colors and shapes say something hard to define about being a woman.

johanna said...

that piece exactly captures the chilly mood that is here... it started to snow slightly again...

~*~Patty S said...

Love the story your lovely painting tells...I feel protection and caring in it...the subtle touches of red are super.
I always thought the name Payne's Gray was odd because it seems more blue to me...Love the tones you've mixed here.
Stay warm and cozy and enjoy the games!
oxo

Femmy said...

love this Marilyn!! Stay warm!!

Sandy said...

Wow this is mystical and brilliant.
Wonderful painting art again.

Martina said...

Wow - that`s great, Marilyn!
Stunning painting and the banner is fantastic too!
Have a nice sunday my friend.

Terri said...

this peace emanates a peaceful tranquility.
love it!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW very impessive and mystical coloring.
I love it.
Hugs Anja

Debbie said...

oh marilyn, this is so beautiful. I know what you mean about the quiet of snow. xoxo

roc said...

this is wonderful marilyn! games will be on at my house too!

Anonymous said...

Another stunning piece Marilyn, your work is gorgeous
take care for now and have a great week
June

Kerri Jean said...

So many of your works seem to evoke another time and place. This piece is so peaceful and quiet. I love it.

sharon said...

This is a gorgeous representation of the time and temps! I love the quiet color pallette.

Janny said...

Love your pages Marilyn!

Laura Haviland said...

Inspirational talent Marilyn,
Wow this is so lovely...
It share's such a feeling of peaceful space,looking at this artful piece.
I love the contast of color,very stiking.
You keep amazing me,dearest you.
It is so cold here and tired of the snow.
This beautiful piece makes me smile big !!!
Thank you for always, being wonderful you.
Have a great creative day.
Love Laura. xoxxx

kathy said...

Love your blog Marilyn! Another great monochromatic with this lady. Looks like you've been to Salem, Mass. I'll have to look into Misty's classes, you're doing beautiul pages.