
Here's another 8 x 8 page for my journal. I decided to get back to a little more color :)
I am going to add some journaling to this page and, also, some color to the background.
I named her Rosetta. I have no idea where that came from but as I was sketching her and started painting her; that is what was calling to me.
Today I plan on catching up with visiting Blogs. I've just come off of two gloriously, joyous days with Sophia. She is talking up a storm, now, and the past couple of weeks, I've really sensed the two of us are developing a wonderful bond. I have introduced her to coloring with an over-sized coloring book. We get down on the floor and I just love watching her with the big crayons. She's pretty coordinated, too, and even knows when she's using the crayon, when she gets the flat side, she immediately turns the crayon to the pointed side! So much fun!
I hope everyone is doing fine and having a good week. We were supposed to get another storm today but looks like we're dodging it! Whew!
Be safe and know you are all in my thoughts.....................Love much-Marilyn xxoo
26 comments:
Great new piece Marilyn--love that red! I really enjoy hearing about Sophia :)
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a beautiful and generous comment. This is a wonderful journal page- just love Rosetta's eyes! And, maybe you thought of her name from the beautiful shade of Rose she's adorning! Must be heaven to be with Sophia- and how precious to feel that special bond growing between you and her and sharing the gift of art together! Would love if you could get someone to photograph the two of you together with the crayons and paper. You will savor it forever!
Im so glad I found you and your blog
i love the painting Marilyn-your faces have evolved into your own style and are even more beautiful then before. xoxo
Rosetta is a wonderful journal page and I can imagine her becoming even more. She'd be dynamite all stitched up too. Love the colors and of course, the polka dots really make her stand out.
Love her,her face is beautiful painted!!!!
Beautiful girl and love her name! I love when children start to talk,and boy can they talk,they always have so much to tell you. My grandsons are talking to. I tried the coloring book thing with them and well lets just say,they didnt enjoy it as much as Sophia did.LOL
oooo, I love this, Marilyn!
Marilyn I love her! Her face is beautiful. I really like the colors you used to shade her face. And the red just makes this piece pop!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my recent posts! :)
i love rosetta and her face! the polka-dotted dress is a fabulous contrast to the grey flowery background!
Love this page-the red dress is wonderful with the grays and black-Rosetta's face is beautiful.
your new pieces are really powerful Marilyn, not just in the choice of color, but the subject and your own personal style... wonderful work!
She is beautifully drawn and presented...love how the red stands out with the Payne's Gray background...
This one jumped off the page in the thumbnail.
I so admire folks like you that can invent faces that convey so much.
My art group just had a 100 faces prompt so I'm even more aware of the difficulty (for me).
xoxo Kim
Rosetta is beautiful & I think the name fits her beautifully. Sophia sounds like a little cutie pie & so much fun in your life! Have a great day! xoxo Diane
We are not dodging the storm and there is ice fog here today, wierd....Beautiful page. Your colors are so vivid on this piece. So fun to be chatting away with Sophia and coloring too. You must be in heaven. xox Corrine
I can just picture you playing and "gabbing" with Sophia! What a lovely picture!!! She's very lucky to have such a talented Grammy!!! Love Rosetta! Unfortunately we're getting pelted with the storm today. They keep upping the storm totals expected. Bummer!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo
Rosetta is gorgeous...I would enjoy a pretty red dress like that!!!
I am not surprised your precious Sophia has artistic tendencies...already...the apple not falling far from the tree and all that :)
adding conversation to the mix must be oh so delightful...puts a smile on my face imagining you two!
thanks for sharing M!
oxo
A gorgeous drawing, Marilyn. Really a great work of art.
what fun to spend time with the baby! good for you! i know how much i love spending time with m little guy. love your new journal page. the colors look awesome together!
Once again your piece is beautiful, striking, and powerful Marilyn. Amazing color combo, really beautiful!
So so beautiful new creation.
I love your painting.
your Rosetta is an intriguing lady and I love her! Hugs, girlfriend!
Love this piece Marilyn.....I think her name suits perfectly....
Hugs
I love this journal page Marilyn... the balance between background and portrait, and she is just beautiful... Sophia sounds like a complete joy. I love your description of her coloring techniques. Has she said "gesso" yet?
I love your little drawing Marilyn! It's fantastic. Hope you have a wonderful time.
Hugs Alexandra
Post a Comment