Sweet Life.....................
This is my most recent 8 x 8 page. I tried my hand at watercolors for the background and used Prang brand. They are very inexpensive but I found them to be extremely intense! Love 'em! I used watercolor washes along with some sea salt for texture effects. The woman is collaged and over painted. The quote is one of many favorites of Emily Dickinson.
Are you having a good weekend? I am hoping you are!
Peace and love to all..........................Marilyn xxoo
33 comments:
marilyn this is lovely! Great choice of Emily quotes! I have never tried watercolor. Love the look of this! Beautiful! :)
oh my..that is awesome! i love prang watercolors too.
I so love this watercolor and picture Marilyn. I can't believe how you always do something different and yet still get wonderful results. Love love love
What a lovely piece of art! I love the effect you got from using water colors and the salt! Pretty colors and sweet finished project!
this piece really glows with goodness and hope....Love it M...the quote is brilliant too!
oxo
Wonderful work Marilyn!
Hi Marilyn, I love the feel of this, quite old fashioned! I think it's very special! Patsy from
HeARTworks
such a beauty!!! love your watercolour background!
lovely work of art Marilyn. gorgeous colour choice and such a relaxing feel.
Like this and the litlle flowers .
This is really beautiful, Marilyn!
This takes my breath away Marilyn!! It is so beautiful, my new fav!!!
What a gorgeous artwork, Marilyn! You`re so talented!
Yes, Marilyn it IS a sweet life!! Now I want to try watercolors!
Lovely work, Marilyn!!! The watercolors give this piece a beautiful effect. Hugs, Terri xoxo
your square is a dream!! i love the colors and the quote is fabulous!
Oh, Marilyn - one word and today that word is "spectacular" - Love that quote and love your watercolor!
This beautiful piece is stunning, totally stunning. How I just love it, Marilyn...such joy.
xox Rella
Marilyn,
I hadn't checked your blog in a bit. What beautiful surprises I found!! Just love this particular piece.
I seem to once again be playing catch up. I really like the effect the salt makes on the watercolors. I packed my watercolors for storage. I didn't think I would need them. But this background makes me want to play. Of course, I love the woman and quote, too.
Marilyn, I think this is one of my favorites you have done...I love the colors and the effects of the watercolors......Your hands seem to have talent for whatever you put them to.....
Yes, I have had a wonderful weekend...thank you....
Your artwork is so amazing! I always enjoy my visits to your blog. I leave so inspired!!
Oh wow what a lovely creation.
Absolutely awesome. Love them.
Talented Marilyn,I love this.
Truly beautiful.
Hugs,Laura. xoxx
LOVE!!!
Marilyn,
This is beautiful and the watercolor background is stunning! LOVE how that came out! WOW!!!!!!!
The whole piece is refreshing, and with this winter weather going on, you are inspired for sure!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti
Beautiful. Love the colors,I can't believe their watercolors.
Ohh Marilyn this is fabulous. love this and love the quote too
I also just wanted to let you know i have a shabby chic freebie collage sheet for today only then it will be gone. please pop by if you would like it.
Have a lovely day
Hugs June x
Oh I love the watercolors! That's really great that you got so much pigment from the Prangs! Who knew! I love the salt effect too. You are after my heart with this one. Beautiful. Love, Wyanne
Somehow this just showed up for me. So sweet Marilyn, looking out at the mountain of snow it makes me long to be in your page. xox Corrine
Wow what a gorgeous piece Marilyn!
Stunning. If ever this,or a print of this ever happens to be for sale, PLEASE let me know. I have a perfect place for this on my wall. x Jo
LOVE love LOVE this! did I mention that I LOVE this?! What a gorgeous painting - and I adore the quote. Perfect image to see on a cold Michigan day - makes my heart fill with sunshine! :)
Post a Comment