Tuesday, January 18, 2011

When Mother Nature strikes......paint! :)

Today is normally my day to be with Sophia. Our weather, today, has closed schools which means Sophia's Dad and Mom have a snow day. But; I did see Sophia, yesterday and over the weekend, so I got my fix :)

I decided to take, today, to work on some portrait work between sketching and painting. This picture is of my original sketch (below) but painted.

It's very challenging, for me, to paint a face especially with layers. And; it's time consuming so what better day, than today, to give it a try.

Has anyone seen the movie "The King's Speech"? My husband and I saw it, yesterday, and WOW! I'm still thinking of it in between working on my art. My mind keeps slipping back to it. It's a very powerful movie and the acting is just incredible. Colin Firth got an award for best actor for his part of King George the VI. Fantastic! I highly recommend the movie.

All have a safe day and thanks, again, for your supportive feedback you leave me here. I love your comments!

Love much! Marilyn xxoo

22 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

I cannot wait to see that movie, I'm glad you liked it! Your portrait is beautiful, I love the eyebrows and the shades you used throughout! Very nice work!

Sandy said...

I´ve missed my words.
This is really really beautiful.
Your painting art rock. Love it.

Deborah said...

I love your portraits - they have such serenity. Yes, the King's Speech is a glorious film, the kind of thing we Brits excel at. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it does well at the Oscars.

marilyn said...

Love your faces. I like to practice by looking at them. I bought a blending stump and you were right...it is a fun tool to use.

Createology said...

Marilyn now she is even more beautiful. The colors have softened her and she looks ready for Spring. Stay warm and safe...

sharon said...

Beautiful Marilyn,the shading is gorgeous! You create an atmosphere every time you paint or draw!

Cathy Bueti said...

She is beautiful Marilyn!! Love her! I enjoy painting faces too but the shading is really tough for me. You did great! :)

Deb L. said...

I am loving seeing the evolution of your faces to a style uniquely you! We are snowed in yet again - 5 more inches added to the almost 3 feet already on the ground and another 12" due this Friday. Yikes!Send the Monties! Stay warm and dry, dearest M!! xo

Diane said...

Love the colors, expression--everything!! I'll have to see about seeing this movie!

Yvonne said...

I love her too, especially those lips, Marilyn!

Lori Saul said...

Oh this is one of your finest Marilyn- she absolutely has an inner light that is stunning and just speaks to the viewer. Gorgeous art!

Laura Haviland said...

No Marilyn have not seen this awesome movie yet.
Wow you did fabulous painting ,truly perfect...
I adore the soulful eyes,you have created.
YOU ROCKED IT...
Love you,my dear friend.
YOUR SUCH A POSITIVE INSPIRATION.
Huge Hugs,Laura.xoxx

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i really like your painting! i caught sight of it in a blog roll and had to visit to get a better look!

Anonymous said...

beautiful work Marilyn. i love your art

roc said...

oh..i got to see my grandbaby yesterday, too! they are just so special, aren't they? they are magical little beings...capable of boughts of heavy laughter, lots of smiles and making you feel better if you are feeling under the weather. good for you to have your baby fix!

Buffy said...

I know what you mean about "your fix" thats the way I feel if I havent seen my grandsons in a while. I always tell my husband I need my fix for the week. Love your portrait,you did a great job painting her face.

Healing Woman said...

You are doing a grand job with this portrait. Layering is sometimes difficult.

Thanks for the tip on the movie. I will try to see it.

~*~Patty S said...

your painting has really brought your sketch alive Marilyn!

Love the green dress...it is so hopeful and makes me thing of Spring:)...lovely lace color too

you must be so pleased with how she turned out...worth every minute you spent on her!
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

collar that is ;)

Femmy said...

beautiful shading Marilyn!! Love your portraits!

Katie said...

This turned out amazing, and I love your latest painting too. Payne's grey- I like the sound of that....and what you did with it!

Dianne said...

A beautiful face... I've never been able to draw faces... Yours is lovely...