Wednesday, February 2, 2011

8 x 8


Here is another 8 x 8 journal page. This was a practice in gel transfers, collage, using one of our own images with our painted background, etc. Thank you for your lovely feedback you have been leaving for these journal pages. I'm so enjoying Misty's class and we have one more week to go.

I'm hoping all who are effected by this latest winter storm are safe and warm. On the news, this morning, they said the span of the storm covers 2,000 miles! Crazy!

We're okay, here; we have a wonderful next-door neighbor who takes good care of us in the winter. I'm just hoping we don't get lots of ice on top of what's already fallen; that is my nemesis in winter - ice storms! We were through a terrible one a couple of years ago where we were without power for 8 days! Just about everything is closed, today, and everyone is being advised to stay off the roads if possible.

Anyway; warm and safe thoughts are with all!

Love much.....................Marilyn xxoo



27 comments:

Cathy Bueti said...

Marilyn this is a lovely piece! Just beautiful! So happy you are enjoying misty's class! We are getting snow and ice here for the past 2 days. Crazy weather! Stay warm and safe! :)

Janny said...

Beauttiful, so much to see!!

Carol Q said...

lovely Marilyn, gorgeous colour combination.

jgr said...

HI Marilyn,
What a great page! I can tell you're having fun in the class. Hope you can stay warm!

Femmy said...

what a great journal page Marilyn!!

Anonymous said...

Great page Marilyn. So much texture going on......we are getting sleet, on top of snow and more snow...This is one wild storm. Hope you don't lose power.....xox Corrine

marilyn said...

I love this picture! so much going on. Hope you are safe in this terrible weather. It is sunny and about 43 degrees here this morning in the Pacific N.W.

Mieke said...

Great art !!! Love it!!

Steph said...

love the colors on this piece..

Marlynn said...

Love your colors also Marilyn! You are just such a talented artist and I am looking at the angel you made for me! Stay safe, we ended up in Northern VA with some ice yesterday morning but it got rained away last night. Hugs

Rebecca Anthony said...

love love love it! The intricate details are so beautiful!

sharon said...

I love all the color in this, and all the layers! Very beautiful!

Celeste said...

Oh, she is just beautiful. It would look super hanging on my wall in fact! Great work Marilyn.

~*~Patty S said...

Every detail in your 8x8 is really fabulous M!
I know I say each one you've shared with us and I DO!
This one is extra WOW in my opinion!
Be careful...ice is the worst
Stay warm and cozy
Spring is coming :)
oxo

rachel awes said...

YOUR heart
is clearly
RICH,
given
this beauty
that s p i l l s
on to your page.

Buffy said...

This is a great page Marilyn,so much to look at. Beautiful.Stay warm!

roc said...

oh..this is wonderful!

Diane J. Evans said...

Another exquisite piece, Marilyn. You've been taking great advantage of these miserable winter days to create -- good for you!

Diane

Peggy Beck said...

This is just so beautiful Marilyn.
Your faces are getting prettier and prettier all the time as your techniques improve. I love the colors and composition in this. Wow is all I'm thinking.

Diane said...

Hi Marilyn,
This is STUNNING! I love it! I simply love visiting you. Always a jaw dropper! xoxo Diane
78 degrees in So. California today...I am a lucky one!

Sandy said...

Wooooooooooooow what a wonderful piece. Absolutely gorgeous.

Your painting art is a fest for my eyes. Love them.

Have a lovely weekend my dear friend.

Lori Saul said...

This is glorious- such a beautiful expression! I hope the storms let up for you folks soon- this winter has been a challenge. Have a great weekned- love your new journal art!

Createology said...

I love your new banner piece of art. Marilyn your 8 x 8 pages are wonderful. I am entranced by your art. Happy February Hearts to you...

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Inspired...totally.

Loving all your 8 x 8's.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great piece for your journal. I think after you finish it, you should sell it because it contains simply an awesome body of great art. Love the woman, too.

Unknown said...

I would love to take one of Misty's classes some day. Beautiful Job! I love the palette.

Monica said...

What a lovely page!