
Have you ever started out working on an art project having it already envisioned in your mind?
This 8x8 page started out with a layered background (the photo kind of muted the color) then a gel transfer of an image I had in my stash. It was just a face of a woman and I wish I saved it so I could show this before and after result. The transfer was not very successful except it started taking on a mind of its own if you know what I mean.
I began seeing a Geisha with the hair outline and decided to go with it. The butterfly that is on top of her head, here, was actually a huge bow on the original image and it just didn't come out very well when I tried to transfer the image.
I found some Asian text paper in my stash and collaged it as her Kimona and went from there. I painted in the crow, used a stencil, postage stamps and some other delicate papers for further collage.
Thanks so much for visiting and hope you are all having a good week!
Much love - Marilyn xxoo
19 comments:
Marilyn, I am so glad you stopped by today! Would you believe just last night I was thinking that I hadn't heard from you or been by your blog lately? I love this Asian piece in today's post. Now I'm going to catch up on the rest of your blog.
Ok...caught up. Wow! Your journal pages are amazing! I soaked up every one! Congrats on your recent publication, too.
I love this one Marilyn. Love those colors together too. Beautiful.
I am SO in love with your recent art work, Marilyn....This is especially special....
oh it's awesome!
I love it when projects take over. this work of yours lately has been so inspired, coming straight from your heart. Xox Corrine
What a wonderful journal you are going to have when you have completed all your 8 x 8.....This is so unique and I love the arrangement of the page......
It very reassuring to know that accomplished artist such as yourself can change in midstream....I never know exactly what is going to end up on the page...
Hugs and blessings my friend
I love how you start out in one direction and end up in another. Those trips are so much fun arent' they Marilyn. This is wonderful as are all your works.
I love what you did with this Marilyn! She is wonderful as well as all of the elements you used....my new favorite....till next week!
This is terrific...yes I love it when, start to finish, a piece just works itself out, as if it were already there!
Great job!
Thanks for your visit! I love hearing from you!
Ciao Bella!
Creative Carmelina
it's beautiful , colours , images etc, it gives me a real Asian feeling!!
hugs Femmy
I envision, and then my projects always seem to take on a life of their own. Beautiful piece! Hugs, Terri xoxo
Don't you just LOVE it when a piece decides it has a mind of its own? I've had that happen a few times and was always thrilled with the results. I sure love this Asian surprise.
Oh, love when you can listen to your artwork!
So happy you let your inner artist take the direction of geisha with the asian surprise. Love the elements you added. Happy journaling...
Oh Marilyn she is gorgeous! have a great weekend;o)
this Asian piece is stunning! gorgeous color combo and images! always love seeing your work!
Love how that happens! Wonderful piece Marilyn!
its so rare but yes my best pieces were from waking dreams. Love this one of yours!
Post a Comment