Sunday, February 27, 2011

I got plastered :)
















This is my 8x10 sample piece for the "Let's Get Plastered" workshop that Kerri and I are offering (see previous post) for details.

I had some wood panels and decided to use the spackle on the wood and it's just heavenly to apply on the flat, wood panel.


Hope you all are having a good weekend. We got socked with a lot of snow on Friday and had a little more overnight. Now; I've always said I would rather have snow but, now, at this point in time, it's getting on everyone's nerves! Tomorrow we're in for a beginning of freezing rain then all rain - the melting of all this snow will present many challenges.

Stay safe, warm and wishing you all a good week ahead.

Spring will come! Right?

Love much - Marilyn xxoo

19 comments:

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Yes I hope also spring comes soon:-)
Like your plastered art works.
Have just a nice sunday.
Hugs Anja

Diane said...

Beautiful work--that would be wonderful!! if you and Kerri offered an online workshop!!!

Buffy said...

Beautiful piece,love all the texture. Stay warm!

Cathy Bueti said...

Marilyn I love this piece!! Amazing texure! And I second what Diane said! an online workshop would be wonderful!! :)

Yvonne said...

Oh this is fabulous, Marilyn!

roc said...

wonderful marilyn!! omg...when i read your post about the snow.....yes yes yes...i am getting SO ready for spring!!! it will come!!!

Unknown said...

Wow this is a great piece. I love the effect that the plaster gives. I am very interested, have to check out your previous post. I also want to say that I really love your header painting. Love the dreaminess of the water coloring. Beautiful.

Jacky said...

What a wonderful name for your workshop Marilyn... I love it!
These colours are brilliant, I love that deep indigo sky.
Jacky xox

p.s. thanks for you lovely comments on my sketching, you're so sweet.

Anonymous said...

YOu are too funny. Great sample board and your paster looks swell. We got socked with snow and freezing rain tomorrow too. I AM sick of it, I will admit....off to the chiro tomorrow to take the kinks out of the back from all this shoveling. xox Corrine

Marlynn said...

beautiful and sensational!

Debbie said...

I like your plaster piece Marilyn! I wish you the best in the class you are giving and have a wonderful week!

jgr said...

Great work, you should "get plastered" often!! Hang in there- Spring will be soon!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You really DID get plastered! Love this example of what you will be teaching. I couldn't leave for a week without telling you how much I love your work and how much I will miss your inspiration. Have a great week and enjoy getting plastered (grin).

Terri Kahrs said...

Awesome piece, Marilyn! Stay safe and warm!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Deborah said...

I thought getting plastered was only a British expression :-)Anyways, I love your spackled artwork Marilyn. Have fun with your workshop!

Nancy said...

I agree with Jane, you should get plastered more often.....wonderful piece......

I hope you have a wonderful week.....

Createology said...

I do hope you are on the road to Spring. We finally have power to go with all our snow. More predicted this week. Love your "plastered" piece. Gives me some inspiration I have been putting off working on. Warm hugs...

~*~Patty S said...

so colorful and fab textures too

hang on sweetie
spring is around the corner (fingers crossed)

Happy March
oxo

Peggy Beck said...

Nice job Marilyn. I think it would look great after class in Sophia's room.