Friday, February 25, 2011

"Let's Get Plastered"
































My dear and talented friend Kerri and I are offering a local workshop at Captured Moments
, Sunday, March 13, 2011, from 10-3. The name of the workshop is "Let's Get Plastered" and the above canvasses are Kerri's awesome examples of what students will learn to make in class--an 8x10 mixed-media piece made with spackle, acrylic paint and collage.

We are very excited about this offering and can't wait to share this technique as well as some more fun things to add to our mixed-media pieces!

Just a note: Kerri and I are putting our heads together on the how-to's of offering online workshops. We have much to think about and research but have begun the wheels turning towards this direction.

Kerri's Blog is highlighted above, so if you are interested in signing up for our latest workshop or want to be placed on an email list, for future offerings, please check out Kerri's Blog for more information.

More snow, sleet, and rain, here, this weekend! I am wishing you all a safe and happy weekend ahead!

Love much - Marilyn xxoo

18 comments:

Femmy said...

they are beautiful marilyn!! would love to take a workshop , but it's a bit too far away!! (lol).
have a good weekend.

Buffy said...

Oh this looks like such a fun workshop,love the name of it. Keep us posted on the online one.

Anonymous said...

Sleet snow here too. Sounds like a great new workshop! I picked up Somerset Studio yesterday, just love that piece, so joyful. xox Corrine

Nancy said...

What a fun workshop....I sure wish I could take it but too far away.........Awesome pictures.....

Please stay safe and warm during your snowy weekend....We are having rain but no snow....

Halle said...

Wow this looks like fun! LOVE the name!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am sure this will be an awesome class. It sounds like fum.

Our bad weather is here. It will be there soon, I know. I hope it's not as bad as they seem to predict.

Unknown said...

This is so awesome! Best of luck with your workshop...looks like so much fun!

Sandy said...

Wow both are beautiful Marilyn.
Wonderful workshop.

Have a great weekend.

Healing Woman said...

Keep me posted for your online workshop. Congratulations on being published in Somerset Studio. From what I can tell of the page it is fantastic. One more comment...I keep meaning to tell you how much I like your banner..perfect!

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous, Marilyn! Awesome name for the class :)

Karen Larko said...

Beautiful as always!

sharon said...

Wonderful, and sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sure it will be great with you as a teacher! Stay warm!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
these are so fun and whimsical...and I love the name of your class! :) what a wonderful time they will have...wish we lived closer (I would get my snowshoes on and attend)! :) Have a wonderful weekend m'dear!

Anonymous said...

Oh.
I got Real excited at the post title.

Now I am going to get out plaster and wine...
because Both are a good idea.

Good thinkin, sistah.

Marlynn said...

LOL -I will get plastered any day with you, girlfriend!

Martina said...

These are fanatastic, dear Marilyn and the workshop sounds good and informative!

Have a nice weekend my friend!

.Trudi Sissons said...

These are great! Good luck with your workshop! I'm sure it'll be a blast.

xox

Alexandra said...

What a funny workshop. They are fantastic Marilyn.
Hugs Alexandra