Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My dream......................





















8 x 8 Journal Page
"My Dream"

This page reflects a question someone asked me recently as to what my dream trip is. I'm not much of a traveler but I've always known that I would love to go to Italy. Just seeing pictures in books and movie scenes; between the art, landscape and history........WOW! Someday perhaps?

I'm hoping your week is going well; we're already at the mid point. Good thoughts for all of you. We're experiencing a little melting here; very hopeful!

What would your dream trip be? I'd love to read in your comments!

"ciao" Love, Marilyn xxoo

25 comments:

Yvonne said...

This is lovely, Marilyn!

I dream of Romania (grandparents origin) and Africa (no particular reason). :)

Nancy said...

I like how you combined a question with your page.....I like you would love to go to Italy....I have always been intrigued by it's history and beauty.......

I am glad you are beginning to see some melting..we've had several beautiful days.....maybe Spring will show her face before too long.....

Hugs

Rhonda said...

This is wonderful, Marilyn! I love your Madonna and the Italian scenes in the window panes, even the plaster texture of the walls makes it feel like you are already there. Ahh, dreams...I would love to go to France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal - I think a European tour would do it! cheers - Rhonda

Em said...

Marilyn, I am alive as I love your post and WONDER on this WEDNESDAY what WONDERFULL trip I would take.....I am simple and my trip was yesterday.....playing with golden fabrics at the quilt shop and telling stories with peers...then completing the trip last night with laying out the first block....my fav trips are my CREATIVE journeys! Thank you for letting me share. Now off to Florida I fly! Love, Em

roc said...

that is great marilyn! love it!
oh boy..i have so many trips i'd like to do....drive the cattle across the plains in montana/wyoming, whale watch in alaska, kiss the blarney stone, see the sistine chapel, swim with the dolphins....and the list goes on. how will i afford all of that marilyn? haha

Caterina Giglio said...

well let's go to Italy !! it is of course a place I Have to visit... btw, love the halo!! xx's

Diane said...

Absolutely love this, Marilyn!
My dream vacation would be to Barcelona Spain. I love GAUDI!
Have a wonderful day! xo Diane

Carol Q said...

lovely page Marilyn, love the shade of green you used. phew - too many places I would love to visit, Japan would be one but on a crafting level, one of the huge US stamp shows would be fabulous! lol

Lori Saul said...

Lovely page Marilyn- it's Italy for me as well! Love your bit of Renaissance feel to this beautifully inspired journal page!

Createology said...

Wonderful journal page Miss Marilyn. It is always good to have a dream. I have been to Italy and it truly is a magical place to visit. I love the history and architecture of Europe so I think Prague and Vienna are a must for me. I have been to Salzburg Austria and it is beyond beautiful. Now dreaming of traveling...

Martina said...

Oh, Marilyn, what can I say but WOW!!!
Your pieces are always sooo beautiful and these are just wonderful eye candy:-) You are sooooo talented!!

Janny said...

Beautiful page Marilyn!
I have been to Italy and it is my favorite country for many reasons but also because of the beautifl work you see there I loved Assisi
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sint-Franciscusbasiliek_%28Assisi%29

Diane J. Evans said...

Oh, Hawaii, without a doubt! I'd love to watch a sunset from a Hawaiian beach -- that would seem like Nirvana to me. Although I must admit that your Scenes of Italy do have me longing for a cappuccino at a beautiful trattoria -- beautifully peaceful.

Diane

Marlynn said...

Lovely, lovely page Marilyn. You know how much I love your art. My next trip - hmmmmm, I would love to go back to France to Provence, however, I am also nurturing a love affair with Italy and DaVinci! Hugs, girlfriend.

Peggy Beck said...

Hi Marilyn. Well, I have a hard time even dreaming of something. But I think it would have to be anywhere near the ocean in a warm spot. I love your page and the idea of making us think about our dreams. I hope you get to yours someday.

Barb said...

Luv your latest journal page! I've always wanted to visit England and Ireland.
Toddles,
Barb

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Gorgeous page. Your Madonna is so amazing I love her dreamy mien.I love the italien old artist as well as you.
Wish you a blessed day,
Anja

Buffy said...

Beautiful page. I think if I could go any where with no fear of traveling it would be Paris!

Cindy McMath said...

Marilyn, this is a lovely piece. Your background colour is a favourite of mine, and your lovely lady is beautiful with her halo.

I have a few travel dreams... I would love to go to Paris (better yet, include London while I'm there). I'd also love to go back to Asia (spent a week in Taiwan about ten years ago and it wasn't enough). I'd like to drive across Canada and fly home (since I'm as far West as one can get). And I must go to New York city.

Back to reality...I'm going to Vancouver this weekend! :)

Thanks for the mid-week dream.

Cindy :)

Tami said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Marilyn!
Hugs,
Tami

Anonymous said...

Ohhh wow how absolutely gorgeous, beautiful art
hugs June xxxx

sharon said...

Okay,, I am probably a weirdo, but I would love to go to Newfoundland, the sea, the dense fog, the mystery, the isolation...like another world...go figure, it just has always intriguied me!

Your piece is exquisite Marilyn, I love her headress!

Femmy said...

this is beautiful marilyn!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is lovely Marilyn.
Wonderful painting again. Love them.

Have a wonderful weekend my dear.

Monica said...

Every single page in your journal is a treat to see. Lovely!