Friday, March 11, 2011

Colorful Dreams..........................





















I'd like to begin this post with prayers for all who are effected by the earthquake and Tsunami that hit Japan. I was heart sick hearing that on the news first thing this morning.

I continued with my "She Art", this week, and this photo is my most recent work. I created this on an 8x10 canvas. Christy shared a marvelous and brilliant layering technique, with us, for the dresses.

Can you tell I'm hooked on this? It's so hard to stop once I get going; I want to keep adding stuff - even the smallest of detail makes a difference with these. I'm in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a safe and happy weekend ahead everyone!

Love and peace to all! -Marilyn xxoo

31 comments:

Femmy said...

gorgeous Marilyn!!!
have a good weekend!!

Sandy said...

She is so pretty.
Beiatiful work.

Have a lovely weekend my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Such an unbelievable castastophe, I cannot imagine being there in the cold, without power and knowing
that more is to come. Wonderful textured page and colors. You are really having fun with this I can tell. xox Corrine

Cathy Bueti said...

Marilyn she is lovely!! I really like the colors in this one!! Have a great weekend! :)

Rebecca Anthony said...

So gorgeous!!

Janet Ghio said...

Oh she is so cute!! They just keep getting better and better. Such a fun class!!

Carol Q said...

lovely Marilyn. I can see you're having an absolute ball with these!

Kimber said...

Beautiful! I love the colorful dress.

Createology said...

So so sad for all of Japan and how devastating this tragedy has been. Prayers for everyone.
I am so in love with your She Art. I love her rosy cheeks and the fact that she has colorful dreams. Keep creating these as they are fabulous Miss Marilyn.

sharon said...

Your love really shines through Marilyn!

Debrina said...

Couldn't not pass on by here without leaving a comment! Stunning artwork! Just beautiful.. Love your girls

Peggy Beck said...

She is gorgeous as is the whole painting Marilyn. In awe as usual with your creativity.

~*~Patty S said...

ooo don't stop M
another fabulous creation!
oxo

Pam said...

I love your work Marilyn. This is fabulous; the colors are peaceful and yet the colors are cool. My prayers are with all who suffer and I am sending angel wishes for help and healing.
(¯`O´¯)
*./ | \*. *

manomij said...

I love your take on SheArt it looks very addictive.
X

Yvonne said...

I like each one better than the last and I always think the last is the best, Marilyn!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Thanks for the visit and nice comment! I signed up for the class in April, I can hardly wait. I really like what you are doing so I want to give it a shot. I love the backgrounds.

Debbie said...

she's beautiful Marilyn, I love the layering on the dress!

Marlynn said...

She is a beauty and a keeper, Marilyn. You always inspire me! Hugs

Jacky said...

Lovely to see how excited you are creating with all of this layering and detail...just wonderful!

Your 'she' work is lovely Marilyn.

Jacky xox

Laura Haviland said...

So Creative Marilyn,
Oh I just love her,she is a colourful dream.
The texture and theme is beautiful.
Bravo my friend..
Lots of love,Laura.xoxx

jan said...

I love your art work! Thankyou for your lovely comment :-)

ute said...

She is so lovely and your blog is so inspirating, thank you for your wonderful artwork
wish you a good week big hugs ute

Lovey said...

Really beautiful Marilyn! Lovey

Janny said...

Gorgeous, yammie colours!

Barb said...

Hi Marilyn,
Luv the cheery colors and the Spring feel to your latest creation! Ü
Wishing you and enjoyable day!
Barb

Kerri Jean said...

These are marvelous Marilyn!!! I love everything about them -- texture color message story!!!!!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Gorgeous unique art work in your specially style.
Hugs Anja

Alexandra said...

I love this piece of art Marilyn and I love the colors!
Hugs Alexandra

Unknown said...

I am lovin' your art! New to your blog via Cottage Dreams. Thanx for letting me browse...Visit me sometimes at my blog, tiff
http://thecrankyqueen.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Love your blog M!