Saturday, March 5, 2011

"She Art"

What a blast! I am having such fun with Christy Tomlinson's
"She Art" online workshop!

I found this workshop from visiting Diane's blog - thank you Diane!

This is my piece from our first week! First off; I love the canvas size (6x12) and this incorporates just about everything that I have in my art stash......bring it all out and have a blast! Christy did introduce us to some new fun accessories and she has a cool online shop, too,

I love Christy's process for creating the girl; reminiscent of my paper doll days and, in fact, have even thought of making one of these with a "pop-up" girl and creating interchangeable dresses for them! Hmmmmmmmmmm.

This also enabled me to get out some of my foils that I haven't used and decided to add some to this piece.

I'm going to take some time, this weekend, to create another :)

I wish you all a safe and happy weekend!

Love much - Marilyn xxoo

26 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Darling! I am also taking her course. I just got my canvases yesterday, so will be working on mine this weekend.

Healing Woman said...

I just love your doll..I mean girl. Yes! She looks like a paper doll. I love paper dolls and create them all the time. Wish I would have had time to take the class but travels and other things have kept me too busy. The colors are just wonderful and the whimsy is amazing...can't wait to see what else you create.

Sandy said...

Oh wow what a darling piece of art.
Absolutely unique. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful art! Love it!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful piece. I love all the layers and details, the collar on her shirt, the flower in her hair, and the way the background was done. I will check out the class and blog, it sounds very interesting.

roc said...

this is wonderful!!

Patti Sandham said...

Love it! Especially her polka dot petticoats.

Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun. UIpbeat and happy Marilyn, no wonder you want to do another. Enjoy. xox Corrinep

jgr said...

She is a doll! I love the style of your page-I'm going to check out the link to the class. And CONGRATS on being published!! That is great!

Femmy said...

such a great piece!! Love the girl!!
have a good weekend!

Yvonne said...

I love her, Marilyn!

Createology said...

Marilyn this is IT. This sings to my inner child...my little girl. I love how fun and playful this piece is that you have made. WOW! Fabulous! Amazing! What can I say except you really rocked this art piece. Don't stop...make more...

Rebecca Anthony said...

Love this!!!!!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Cute, cute, cute! I'm thinking about signing up for the next go 'round of classes in April. Looks like great fun.

sharon said...

She is fantastic! Love her stance and the atmosphere she creates!

Martina said...

Marilyn, I love your work. It's always very surprising and unique!
This piece is no exception! SO BEAUTIFUL!

Jacky said...

Girlie time....I love your doll and love that idea of the interchangeable clothes....didnt you just love playing with them when we were children!
Enjoy your workshop.

Jacky xox

Buffy said...

I love her,she's adorable. I love the colors you used. Well it looks like we're in another class together lol I'm taking she art too. Its a fun class!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is sooo adorable! the size of the canvas is awesome and your colors are always so cheery! awesome piece Marilyn - I {heart} her!

Peggy Beck said...

If this is what you create in her class then I wish I was in it. This is stunning Marilyn. Love it and you.

Laura Haviland said...

Creative Marilyn,
I love your little art doll, so colourful.
I love how unique she is !!
Enjoy your day.
Hugs,Laura. xoxx

Marlynn said...

I swear you have outdone yourself! I don't know how you do it, you are just so darn talented! You go girl.

rachel awes said...

i love her sooooo much!!!!!
xoxox

Elizabeth said...

You have created so much lovely work since I last stopped by!! I love seeing the Published button on your side bar- so glad that so many are getting to see your wonderful work. I ahve been so very busy lately that blog hopping has really had to take a back seat. That does not mean that I don't think of all my dear blogging friends!!! Thank you so much for all of your kind and generous support Marilyn!!!
Huge Happy SPRING hugs!!!

johanna said...

i hope everybody enlarges to see the details! wonderful result of the workshop!

Nancy said...

Marilyn, this sounds like a wonderful class. I loved playing paper dolls when i was a child and your canvas brings back such happy memories......

I love the colors you used and the doll is just precious.....Can't wait to see more work from this class....