Sunday, July 31, 2011

Workshop plans....just a taste










































I just wanted to share, with you, some workshop samples, that Kerri and I worked on recently. I love Kerri's wire work with her centers of the frames! The bird and heart are just awesome! I used a transparency from a photo I took quite awhile ago for the center of my frame.

We are awaiting dates from the store owner where we hold our workshops. We are targeting October for this
exciting offering called "Plaster Encaustic Fusion".

There will be more details, following, in near future but until we nail the dates (workshop will be a two-part session), we are not getting the official word out with specifics.

Kerri and I are always excited about our offerings as it not only gives us some artful time together but we love sharing our own ideas as well as what we know and learn with others. But; this particular workshop has us floating on air! If you love texture, we promise you lots of it!

If you would like to be put on our mailing list, just email me at Artbeliever@gmail.com.

Kerri and I have not eliminated offering online classes in future. But; time is tough to plan everything out and it is definitely one of our goals - in time. There's so much to it and we will get there - inch by inch. :)

In meantime, have a great week ahead. We are approaching the first week in August already! Whew! I can hardly wait for Fall!

Thank you, all, again for your continued support and friendships.

Stay well and at peace! Love ya - Marilyn xxoo

20 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

More inspirational artwork on offer.
The wired heart is quite gorgeous.
Also love the colours, muted but vibrant - I know that is a contradiction, isn't it?
Lynne x

johanna said...

super inspiring pieces, i´m sure you are having a blast preparing this workshop!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wish I lived closer, since my plaster experiments have all been a disaster to date. I can see this being a fabulous workshop with the wire insets and the plaster! Super ideas.

Joy Logan said...

lovely pieces here...I do adore hearts.

Martha Lever said...

Ok, I will wait patiently until you offer the online!

Elizabeth said...

Love these pieces!!! Again I wish we were closer so I could come to our classes and we could make magical messes together!!!!

Createology said...

You two girls will be a force for your newest class of texture and fusion and art all together. It is always a double pleasure to make art with a friend. Somehow the creative juices just flow that much better as ideas run rampant. Sunday Smiles...

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Wow, makes me wish I didn't live on the other coast! Those are great and interesting pieces I'd love to learn how to make them. Keep cool.

Sandy said...

Hi my dear Marilyn,

I´ve been back and visit your blog.
Wow wow wow wow so wonderful, beautiful and very creative new pieces of art.
Your work rock. Absolutely stunning and inspiring. Love them all.

I wish you a wonderful new week. Hugs.

Cynthia Julian said...

I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad you and Keri are willing to put in the effort to organize artful time with kindred creative types, both online and in the flesh.

Lisa said...

very cool projects! I have to come down some time and take a class from you ladies!

Buffy said...

These are just Gorgeous! They have a vintage feel to them. I'll be keeping an eye out for those online classes!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Yeah Marilyn! what gorgeous pieces they are and I KNOW taking a class from the two of you would be FANTASTIC! Wish you were closer! :(

Jill Zaheer said...

Marilyn,
What wonderful artwork. Just love the heart and metal wire. Wish I lived closer so I could be in your workshop. That would definitely be a real treat for me. Hope you have a blast with Kerri! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog again and leaving such a nice comment. As you know, it's so greatly appreciated! Enjoy August! Can't believe it's here already! xo

Anonymous said...

Fantastic samples, this should be great workshop! xox Corrine

sharon said...

Texture love! The first one looks like a cloud! They are all gorgeous Marilyn, and I am waiting for those online classes, but till then , thank you for sharing your beautiful creations with us!

Wildflowerhouse said...

I love what you are doing. Love the wired heart and all the textures.

~*~Patty S said...

oh the lucky ones to live in your neck of the woods to take another fab workshop from you and your friend

wishing you and yours a happy August dear M!
oxo

Jan Hennings said...

lovin the wired heart...beautiful workshop :)

Deborah said...

Its' going to be a wonderful workshop if your samples are anything to go by. Have fun!