Saturday, May 12, 2007

Adventures of the Moth Fairy :)


Recently, at Art Connection, I taught a Moth Fairy class! It was so much fun. These pics are of the Moth Fairy that I did during the class. Everyone was having a ball and I loved each and every one that was created. Everyone started with a pre-sewn moth fairy body which I sewed myself (all 18 of them) and this is a major accomplishment for me with the sewing machine :)

I know some are a bit skiddish of the Moth Fairy project. I decided to let everyone choose an image of a sweet young girl for their faces. I thought this would soften any doubts about anything creepy or scary :) I do feel this worked as everyone became quite attached to their moth fairies and some even named theirs :)

I, personally, really love working on moth fairies; they are for people who sew or don't sew. I use fabric glue, a lot, to attach embellishments; even fabric pieces. We even stamped muslin using fabric inks, and I shared a technique using Shiva Oil Paint Sticks along with rubber stamps and fabric.

I would like to thank my sweet friend, Patti Gramza, for introducing me to this wonderful art form! I find it fun, relaxing and these can also be made as gifts. One of the students, in my class,made one especially for her mom for Mother's Day!

Speaking of Mother's Day..........a very Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are moms to kids, pets or even Moth Fairies :) Love - Marilyn xxoo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to have been in this class. they are so awesome.

p.s. happy mother's day :o)

Patti G. said...

Happy Mother's Day dear Marilyn AND your class sounded fffffffffffabulous and the mothie you did in class is beyond wonderful! Ohhhhhhhhh I am just tickled pink the class was such a success...I would love to see all the creations!
Hugs,Patti

deb said...

this is so sweet. I wish they had cool classes like this near where i live :o(


Hope you had a lovely Mothers day yesterday.

Kerri Jean said...

I wish I had been there Marilyn. I love the moth fairies and cannot imagine anyone thinking they're anything but enchanting and magical. just wonderful!!!!