Sunday, June 3, 2007

Acrylic Painted Transparency Collage......


Not too long ago, I initiated an art exchange that asked for acrylic painting a transparency and then creating a collage with it on an old book cover.
This picture is of my collage. I really love painting the transparencies and it really is quite easy. Applying gel medium to the back and front, then letting it dry, allows the paint to adhere better. Once the gel medium dries, you can begin having fun painting; starting at the back and going in with some detail painting on the front. I love using white acrylic for the front details.
The collage itself was created by priming the old book cover with Gesso then adding decorative paper, collage elements, some stamping and beeswax for a final touch :).

8 comments:

Laura said...

I LOVE this, Marilyn! This is the first time I've seen the technique done. Really looking forward to trying my own now! Laura J

ruth said...

LOVE IT! Can I start over?

Anonymous said...

Marilyn.......this is so darling and i love the colors. That little girl is just the cutest :o)

Melissa said...

This is fabulous! I love the rich colors!

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

how fun...thanks for sharing the technique...blessings, rebecca

Kerri Jean said...

what a great technique... and that little girls's expression is just full of sweet surprise. love it marilyn!!

deb said...

Fantastic work Marilyn, the little girl is really sweet.

Susan said...

Marilyn, this turned out so beautiful! What a neat technique. Will you be posting all the entries somewhere? I wish I had had the time to play. sniff sniff.
xo,
SusanR