Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Matboard collage...........



This is a 5 x 7 beeswax collage on matboard.

See that "hangie" thing there above the collage? I was anxious to use it and have others just like it that I picked up at a flea market.

I found out what they were originally used for while talking to the man who sold them to me.

If anyone can guess what it is, I will send a prize to the first person that has the correct answer. I feel like having a little contest of sorts.

Now; I did alter it just a tad by adding some Asian script papers around it but I didn't have to do much to it.

I am wishing you a really good day!

Love, Marilyn

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Marilyn! Is this thing-y a toilet paper roll holder???

Love your blog - just viewed it today for the first time! Joy

Patti G. said...

Mariyn,
What a beautiful beeswax collage! I love the texture that you made using a rubber stamp! IT is beautiful , and the asian touches too and gold fan! Wonderful!

Um, for my guess, and I have NO clue, but I will say....something that held cigars/cigarrettes that were special? :0) Hugs,Patti

Kerri Jean said...

Love this piece, and the hanger really does make it extra special. I'm going to guess that they were originally used to hold dishtowels.

Unknown said...

Hi, Marilyn! It's me again - still wondering what that hangie thing is - could it be a rolling pin holder???

Thanks again for a beautiful blog! Joy

Angie at Home said...

Hello Marilyn... just discovered your blog.

Now... that thingy looks like a handle that you place around the handles of a bag... it takes the weight off your fingers.. and you can carry a heavier load....

Have a super weekend!

Anonymous said...

Marilyn.. I am finally catching up on your blog.. you have been doing amazing things.. Looks like the Tim Holtz class was a success... wish I was there... you are such an inspiration to us all...