Katherine Hepburn has always been and still is my favorite actress. I, to this day, love watching old movies of hers. I used to really enjoy her personal interviews learning the quotes that she's lived by, her independent attitude, not being afraid to speak her mind, and while still being a little modest about her talent. She used to live by these three quotes:
"The Truth Shall Make You Free"
"Fight for Independence" - both of these were by George Bernard Shaw
"Independence is the Solution" - this one was her father's.
I recently had the opportunity of joining an art exchange and the theme is Bookmarks. We make 3 for 3, different, and the bookmarks must address a favorite book that we've read. Katherine Hepburn wrote a book called Me and it was a delight to read and I still re-read it occasionally when I'm in need of a little inspiration. I call it when I need a little "attitude adjustment" :)
This is a picture of my bookmarks for the exchange. I had to jump on this chance to honor Katherine in my way.
Artfully yours.....................Marilyn
9 comments:
Marilyn, these are beautiful and fun too!!!!!! What great bookmarks! Did you do a paint technique on the background? Love it!!!!!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeet my friend!
Hugs,
Patti
Marilyn!!! These are wonderful! I love Katherine as well-and these tags are fantastic!!
Great art!
hugs, chris
what a fab bookmarks Marylin.!!!
your background is wonderful :-)
I love Katherine too Marilyn!!! Philadelphia Story and Look Who's Coming to Dinner are two of my favorites, but I could have watched her glide across the screen in anything. I also read "Me" and found her to be amazingly inspirational. Wonderful bookmarks!!!
I like her too Marilyn.....she was in some great movies! Love the bookmarks! :-) XO
Your cards are wunderful Marilyn.
Marilyn...these are fabulous. I love the color palette and the polka dots on the bookmarks and the ribbon is perfect...love it :o)
Really fabulous, Marilyn! They are so beautiful!! Have a great weekend! :-)
super Marilyn
Post a Comment