Today is a good day to get to finishing my holiday cards and start addressing them since our weather is not good and we're in for a mess tonight into tomorrow.
This is a picture of two cards that I've worked on. The poinsettia card I hand-painted; thought I'd try a few of these. The other card is an altered holiday card; one that was store bought that I altered a bit. The image was an angel but I gessoed the background out and created a new one, added some coordinating ribbon and embellishment. The background was painted then stamped over with silver metallic ink using a lace background stamp.
I hope you all are having a good weekend. Love, Marilyn
8 comments:
Wonderful cards, Marilyn! So very beautiful! :-)
It`s really funny,that you also picked up some cards on Friday to play with.And both of us love these cards so much!! :o)
Marilyn!!! I want to start over on my cards after seeing yours!!!! These are beautiful!!!!!
hugs, chris p
Marilyn - These came out GREAT!! Beautiful work! The dollar store angel card came out fabulous and I can't believe you're painting, TOO!
Terrific.
Great idea altering a pre-made card... these are lovely :) Deb
love your christmascard!:-)really beautiful work,Marylin!
have a nice day!
Marilyn, how wonderful and your personal touches of handpainting the poinsettas and doing the altering of the angel, both are gorgeous!!! Love the embellishments too! They are very serene and make one feel calm! WWWWWonderful! Hugs,Patti
These are really beautiful, especially the altered angel card!
I love these Marilyn!!! Your painting is amazing, as are you. I am making slow progress on my cards but it would be good if I could postpone Christmas to January!!
Post a Comment