This past weekend, my husband and I took a day trip to Woodstock, Vermont with my son and his wife. Woodstock is a picture-perfect little place on Route 4 that we visit every year. They were having a chili cook-off when we got there - really neat!
Once we found a parking space, we were able to walk around, got some lunch at a very quaint cafe that offers great food with wonderful homemade apple and pumpkin pies!! Yummy! They make their own ice cream, too! :)
These are some pictures I took along the way from our walks and drive. I thought the "haystack animals" were cool! They are all along the highway on both sides - fun!
Notice the shot of the window with the horse in it? Or is it a donkey? Well; this was an art gallery that inserts art work facing out from inside the windows! I thought that was very clever!
We ended our day with visiting a Llama farm! They are wonderful animals. The owners of the farm hand out Llama food to visitors so we can feed them. They are very appreciative :) We got to see a momma Llama with her baby and they actually make a humming sound while tending to the young ones; it's really touching. We observed the Llamas kind of "spitting" at one another, at times, and we asked the owners why they do that. They told us it's actually a way that they communicate with one another. My son preferred calling this activity "Llama kisses" :).
It was fun sharing some pictures of our trip with you. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and wish you a great week ahead.
Thank you for your visits, here, and I always appreciate your warm and supportive comments :)
Much love - Marilyn xxoo
13 comments:
beautiful photo's Marilyn!! You had a great trip!! love the changes in nature but hate the weather in autumn.
Good luck on your shows!!!
That looks like a lot of fun! I love llamas and autumn is my favorite season.
Sounds like a wonderful trip-perfect time of the year, too!
hugs, chris
Really looks like a nice day, Marilyn!!
Hi Marilyn,
Oh, luv your Autumn photos, I'm ready to move into that little house Ü The teddy bear made from the rounds of hay is adorable and your "window" photo is striking.
Happy you had such an enjoyable day. Thanks for sharing.
xox
great autumn pics,Marilyn!:0)
Dear Marilyn , Oh how glad I am to have found you again -- I first saw your work on art-e-zine -- and then typepad - oh I loved your art so much my favorite was the album with the Czar of Russia -- I first started mixed media creating because of your art. YOu had that wonderful vintage look I adored . Then I lost you --today revisiting 2006 of art -e zine - decided to put your name in a find ( why not think of that before ?? lol ) -- and here you are !!!!! WILL go back and look at every post to catch up -- I adore your work ' Kathy - GA - countrychintz.blogspot.com
Thanks for letting us travel with you - great pics!
Marilyn, congratulations on your work being sold at the different galleries! You are doing wonderfully. Your pictures were wonderful and you have a nice looking family. Linda
Thanks for sharing all these beautiful pics, Marilyn. I enjoy the changes in nature also, because I love the whole autumn color palette.
Have a fabulous week!
Gaby xo
oh wow fabulous photos,i love autumn and all the gorgeous colours
Marilyn,
I LOVE the pictures here and your home with David and Kate in front is ssssssssssssuper fantastic! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! All the pictures are great, the altered hay bails made me GIGGLE-----art can be made from ANYTHING! :0)
Love your Halloween 4x4 it is wonderful AND your pictures from the windows too! FUN!
Hugs,Patti
Yes the spitting,lol! A friend raises Alpacas in California,and I hear they also spit. Too funny huh???
Post a Comment