Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rainy days..........................



Rainy days sometimes "set the tone", for me, to slow me down a bit; something that I need to do lately.
I picked up a book at the bookstore today. I need to start reading again; I've missed it. I used to read a lot and when art entered my life, the only kind of books I read are art books or articles in art magazines that I subscribe to. There's nothing wrong, with that, but I felt like switching gears a bit. Today is the perfect day to sit in my favorite chair and begin my new book.

The book I am reading is called The Soloist by Steve Lopez. I just started it and feel it's going to be a really good read. It's a story about an unlikely friendship.

I hope you're all having a good beginning to your weekend and that you are able to catch some quiet moments for yourself.

I'd love to read your comments to include your favorite quiet-time activity.

Much love - Marilyn

11 comments:

Femmy said...

what a beautiful piece of artwork Marilyn!!!

Laura said...

This has always been one of my favorites, Marilyn.
Your book sounds interesting. Before I got back into doing art several years ago, I used to read well over 200 books a year. Then I started back up with art and stopped reading except as you say art books. Just recently I've gotten back into reading a few a month. Trying to be well-rounded and all that!

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Marilyn.. my quiet time is when I am sleeping... Ha!!!! Sometimes I will watch a movie.. I just love this piece you did...

kathy said...

Marilyn , I too love to read -- but it seems like you I am into reading blogs about creating more that doing the art -- So I want to focus in being well rounded - I try every morning to take some spiritual quiet time and bible study -- All your work is beautiful - Kathy - GA

Kaz said...

your book sounds fab, as is your artwork.
my quiet times apart from crafting are spent watching Ally McBeal re-runs on TV.....sad I know, but I never watch TV any other time, so it's a change for me. :)

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, this is just fantastic! I love the MOVEment of this and it feels so soft!

Quiet time, hmmmmmmmm! I am not a big reader, but wish I was! I always read to Amber and Earl reads a ton, and Amber too, but it just does not make me happy to read! THAT sounds weird I know! I wish that was not the case. So quiet time ......I enjoy a few extra zzzzzzz's on a cold morning, I appreciate literal SILENCE(no radio, no tv etc) at times....watching a fire place or bon fire is a neat thing to me, to me, cutting the grass is quiet time, because although it is LOUD, no one is talking to me, asking questions and such. Just time to appreciate the sunshine and colors outside and be to myself! Anyways, I think it is the "ME" time that we all appreciate! Sending a hug!Patti

Heather Robinson said...

I love the feel of this piece accompanying your comments. It has a lovely sense of gentle movement about it. It is one of those days to curl up with a book. Like you, I don't read anything non-art related as often as I'd like. I also read a lot of children's and teens' books for my job. When I'm away on vacation at the cottage, I just gobble adult books. I want to read morning, noon and night....and often do. I start collecting weeks before I actually depart. I just sighed thinking about the pleasure of this. Need to weave this into my "normal" life too!! Hugs....

Gaby Bee said...

A really wonderful piece, Marilyn.
I'm not a big reader... unless if I can't sleep :-)

DJ said...

Beautiful piece, Marilyn!
Hmmm...I try to read sometimes, but as you said, I've been doing that less once I got back into art. I also lke to listen to music or catch a movie (Yay, netflix!) :)

Jacky said...

I'm an avid reader Marilyn, so will keep a look out for the book you have mentioned.
Hope you had a lovely weekend!

Jacky xox

Sanja said...

stunning,absolutely stunning Marilyn!!!
xoxo