Friday, December 5, 2008

Dreams.............................




"Dreams"
16"x 20"
Illustration Board
This is my very first commission piece.
I was approached, recently, to create a painting which would include a figure of the person's grandmother as a young woman. I used a photo of the woman as a reference.
The painting will be presented to the grandmother at the celebration of her 80th birthday. I so hope she likes it.
The first picture, here, is of the original painting and the second is of the painting altered a bit in Photoshop. It's such fun to do that :)
Hope you're all having a good day and have plans for a fun weekend!
Love to all....................Marilyn

7 comments:

Kerri Jean said...

Great new blog header and wonderful commission. I love the photoshop variation as well. so fun!!!!

Sanja said...

I think your grandmother love this fantastic piece,Marilyn!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo

Gaby Bee said...

Congrats on your first commission. This piece is marvellous!
Have a wonderful art filled weekend.
Gaby xo

DJ said...

Great piece! Congratulations on your first commission! That's fantastic!

Viola said...

Looks really great, Marilyn! Fab work as usual! :o)

Gillian .... said...

A big well done on your 1st commission, what a beautiful tribute:)

Lorri said...

Wow marilyn it's beautiful :)