
This is a picture of a recent spread in my altered book journal. My son is, here at my house today, installing a new bathroom floor for us and it is much appreciated. He's doing a terrific job especially since he's very new to the home improvement stuff :)
Watching him in this very adult role made me turn to thoughts of him as a young boy. It's amazing how fast time goes through the eyes of children.
I used some pictures of David, as a young boy, scanned them and decided to include them in this spread. The one on the left is of him when he was just 4 years old. How he loved balloons and they always had to be red :) On the right-hand page you will see a niche I cut out and included part of David's face from a picture of him when he was 8 years old.
This was a fun and meaningful spread to work on.
Just a reminder, the deadline for my recent Blog giveaway is Sunday, Feb. 22 (SEE PREVIOUS POST).
I will be announcing the winner Monday, Feb. 23rd. Good luck everyone!
Hope you're all having a good week and wishing you a safe and happy weekend ahead.
Much love, Marilyn
13 comments:
again a beautiful page Marilyn!!
so much to see, love all details.
have a great weekend.
hugs femmy
Very nice pages!
It's good to have a
do-it-yourself-er in the family, too. :)
Beautiful work!!! Hope you are having a wonderful week!!
hugs, chris
Beautiful! As a mother, I can even appreciate it more. The feelings are so strong!
love,
Pam
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Altered My Muse"
You can feel the love in this piece! I am so enjoying your journal pages they are so beautiful!
Hugs
Marilyn,
As you know by now, I'm a softy for these sweetly sentimental pieces,....and this spread is so special. Having him 'around the house' while you were working must have enhanced the creating.
This is such a loving page! PERFECT.
Hope to see you soon,
Pat
Ohhh this is sooooo beautiful and what a wonderful sentiment too! The picture of David and the wonderful quote works perfectly! I love the side with the woman and the baby with wings too! Just dreamy!!!!!!!!
Did you show David? I am sure he was touched! :0)
Hugs,Patti
I love your pages Marilyn and the pictures from your son are sweet. Have a nice week. Hugs Alexandra
brilliant pages,Marilyn!
have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo
Sanja
You have captured the pride and love that you feel for your son so beautifully in this spread, Marilyn.
I can't wait to take a class from you, Marilyn -- you have such a wonderful vision of what you are creating, and the end result is always a treasure!
Diane
This spread is dreamy, Marilyn. Love all the wonderful details in your work, especially the pics of your son :-)
Have a wonderful art filled week!
Hugs
Gaby
Fabulous pages again, Marilyn! Have a wonderful week, my dear! :o)
Post a Comment