Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Love the every day.................................


This is the most recent spread in my ab journal. I've been playing around with this Delta Antiquing Varnish and it's pretty cool. You can spread it with your fingers over your art and when it dries, it takes on an aged effect. I even tried mixing some of it with Gesso ('cause I just can't leave my Gesso out) :) Oh boy; I'm now talking to my art supplies! :)

Anyway; I used a couple of my favorite Tim Holtz quotes on these pages. The one on the left is: "What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it." The quote on the right: "gotta love the EVERYDAY."

It's so true; enjoying our today is so important. We're in the midst of some tough times and I find myself feeling so anxious if I think or look too far ahead - ya know the unknown. Really concentrating on the day, at hand, helps me remain focused, appreciative, conscious, and loving the everyday.

Love your day, be safe in it and know I am thinking of you all throughout mine.

Much love, Marilyn

18 comments:

Patti G. said...

This page is stunning as well as your sentiment with it Marilyn! The varnish looks absolutely ggggggreat, another thing to add to my list of "to gets"! This spread is terrific! Hugs,Patti

Gaby Bee said...

This spread is absolutely stunning, Marilyn. The varnish looks really fabulous. Would love to get such great stuff here also.
Gaby xo

DJ said...

Great quote! And that antiquing varnish looks really neat! I'm going to have to try that one.

bockel24 said...

Can´t tell you how much I love these pages, Marilyn - the quotes, the colours, just everything. I wish I could see them larger to explore all the details. That varnish sounds great, hope we´ll get it here some day, too!

Kerri Jean said...

Loving your book spreads, Marilyn. I wish I could reach out and touch that wonderful book... and I have learned very much about living in the moment these days. If I think about some of the daunting things tomorrow(s) hold, I will certainly panic!!!

Barb said...

Luv your latest spread and quotes!
xox
Barb

Diane J. Evans said...

I love the last line of your post today, Marilyn: "Love your day and be safe in it." I shall carry that thought with me every day and think of you as I do. Bless your generous spirit!

Diane

Sanja said...

wow..absolutely stunning dear Marilyn!
xoxo
Sanja

Femmy said...

This page is again fabulous Marilyn!! love the texture, the varnish looks really great!!

lindacreates said...

Beautiful page spread! Love the tips on the antiquing solution.

Your beautiful comments to us all are very appreciated.

Deb L. said...

I really like this spread! The varnish looks great. I have a bottle of it that has sat unopened for months... time to play with it! Hope all is well - xox

Kerri Jean said...

Gorgeous spread. The antiquing varnish is very intriguing!!! Yes.
enjoy today -- we seem to be on the same wavelength soo much. All my worries have to do with what might happen later, and when I can drag myself back into TODAY, it helps me to realize that the right now is okay!!!

Joy Logan said...

Your pages are so fun. Glad you got the altered book journaling bug also!

Alexandra said...

I love your journal pages and I love the red colours. Fantastic as always Marilyn

Viola said...

Fantastic, Marilyn! Stunning work! Have a wonderful day!!

Gillian .... said...

Incredible spread Marilyn, the colours,images and texture are stunning, such an uplifting feeling from this artwork. The antiquing varnish looks so cool, right up my street:) Tske care.

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. Love the look of the varnish. I think i have some of this somewhere in my room. I wonder if it is still good, lol. Hugs!

johanna said...

what a wonderful spread! love the colors and how everything merges...