
I turned to my altered book today continuing my journal. This is my second spread.
This was a transparency transfer that went amuck :) But; I decided to go with it and recover it in my own way using acrylic paints and some soft pastels. Whatever I do, I always seem to end up seeing tree limbs :)
I am finding having this altered book, to turn to, is so enjoyable for me. It's relaxing and there's no pressure with it at all. It's something for me with no rules and no deadlines.
I hope you're all having a good weekend and getting some art time in for yourself.
Love much.............................Marilyn
8 comments:
Marilyn. You've been busy. It's funny how sometimes these things go awry, but you seem to have rescued it. Very interesting to me. I see so much.
That's a great spread! Sometimes the things that go "amuck" turn out great in the end. :)
I like this page a LOT. Isn't that a heron lurking in the corner? (my very most favorite bird)
And the color spots and blending feel so comfortable - soothing and calming actually.
Lovely, Marilyn. No wonder you enjoy returning here.....:)
I could learn a lot from you when it comes to making a silk purse from a sow's ear, as my dad always says. I'd never have known that this piece was rescued. It says "fun" as well as "trees" to me.
this is great Marilyn!! it turned out fantastic!!
This is a striking page Marilyn! The black and white really sends the message through! I love the figure on the left with the tree limbs and birds too! STRIKING!!! The transparency recovery is wonderful! No one would have known...including me that it was originally not coming out how you wished. Celebrate came out fantastic! Great spread!
Hugs,Patti
Fantastic pages Marylin. I love your sites.
Another great spread. Just perfect!
Once again you have done a wonderful job.
Post a Comment