Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Field of Fantasies".....................................

9 x 12
Gallery canvas
Acrylic/Mixed Media

I am currently involved with a very exciting artistic opportunity and thought I'd share a little bit about it. The project is an art exhibit/festival on May 16, at the 5 Rivers Nature Preserve here in Delmar, NY.

I wasn't going to post pictures of my paintings that I'm working on for this project, but I decided I wanted to share my excitement and use this painting as kind of a "kick off" to start getting the word out about this exciting event that I have the opportunity to be part of. This painting is actually done in more realistic colors but I had such fun using some cool filters and brushes to alter it with some fantasy colors for my Blog.

This event promises to be a fun-filled, whole day of art for sale as well as demonstrations and workshops that will be offered by all of the participating artists. We currently have 6 exhibitors (including me). We have a sculptor, photographer, painters, collage artists. I am going to be working on nature print demonstrations for adults and children. Another artist is going to conduct a floor-cloth workshop, and there might even be some woodworking demos! All the art presented, demonstrations and workshops have to be 5 Rivers inspired/nature theme. What fun right?

I cannot wait and on and off, here, I will share more details as I get them. We are now working on flyers, programs, and advertising opportunities with local newspapers, radio, and television.

Thank you for visiting my Blog and always know I so appreciate your supportive words and your friendships. Without you, I just couldn't do what I do with such enthusiasm and passion. I love sharing art and life with all of you.

Stay tuned; as in near future, I'm going to offer another Blog challenge. :)

Love to all; hope you are having an artful weekend and wish you a safe and happy week ahead.

Spring is in the air here! YES! Love to all - Marilyn xxoo

12 comments:

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, this is just beautiful! It is done on a 9x12 canvas and looks bbbbbbeautiful! I love the colors that you altereded! It is a happy place for sure! Love the quote too. You can disapear into the painting and be happy!!
Hugs,Patti

DJ said...

I really like this piece, fantastic! Sounds like a great festival too. (Your new header is really nice, also!) :)

Barb said...

Good afternoon Marilyn, congrats on the upcoming art exhibit/festival - sounds wonderful, wish I lived closer. :)
Luv your latest creation - thanks for giving us a sneak-preview!
xox
Barb

Femmy said...

beautiful canvas Marilyn.love the quote.
the festival sounds great!!

Anonymous said...

Hello dear Marilyn :) I love this painting. It is gorgeous. The upcoming exhibit sounds wonderful. Wish we didn't live so far. Montana and I would love to attend something like this. wishing you well and hope you have a fabulous time.

Diane J. Evans said...

Beautiful, Marilyn! I love to look at the work of an artist who is fearless with color, as you are -- your work makes my heart sing.

Diane

Carol Q said...

stunning Marilyn. beautiful colours.

Viola said...

Love your painting, Marilyn! Just gorgeous! As always! :o)

Deb L. said...

How beautiful is this! The festival sounds great - wish we were a bit closer. Hope all is well :) xo Deb

Sanja said...

beautiful painting Marilyn.love it!
xoxo
Sanja

Alexandra said...

Wow Marilyn your canvas is fantastic. I love this painting. It is really gorgeous. Hugs Alexandra

Elizabeth said...

This piece is just glorious!! I do so wish tath I could see this in person!!Can't wait to what the challenge is!
Hugs!
Elizabeth