Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Class Sample..............................:)





I've been planning some classes at the Albany Art Room and these are pictures of one of my upcoming workshops. We haven't nailed down the exact date, yet, but are working on that now.

I was asked to do a collaged-wooden birdhouse. I like to think of it as celebrating spring! :)

We thought it would be fun to have an all-day project with a pot-luck lunch! I am going to add some wax to the roofs for a final touch but this should be a fun project that will involve some fun techniques including a "faux transfer" technique that I recently came across.

Students will have an opportunity to work on their own creations with what is presented. I love the design of this birdhouse; it looks a little like a "bird hotel" :)

Thank you for visiting; I always appreciate your support and lovely feedback.

May your day and upcoming week be safe, happy and artful!

Much love.............................Marilyn xxoo

15 comments:

Kerri Jean said...

What an amazing "bird hotel." I love it. I think it must be a five-star. As a huge fan of your birdhouses, this looks like an absolutely fabulous class, Marilyn. Love it!!!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Loving you bird hotel!!! What a great project!!
hugs, chris

Erasmuse said...

Love it! How much to book a room for the weekend? or don't you take "strange" birds? LOL

Pam
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Altered My Muse"

Carol Q said...

fabulous! they look great fun to make.

Diane J. Evans said...

What fun! I think it's too nice for some of the birds I know, though. Wouldn't one of these look great hanging on a front porch? Your mind is so creative, Marilyn!

Diane

Anonymous said...

Marilyn... these are incredible.. I want to take the class!!! You are doing such wonderful and beautiful things with your art...

bockel24 said...

lovely project - have fun with the workshop!

Deb L. said...

What great projects, Marilyn! That bird house is so perfect... your students are going to love it! Hope all is well with you - have fun with the class :0) xo Deb

Patti Sandham said...

Wow that is just one birdhouse? I thought it was a group. Sign me up for a class! ;)

Sanja said...

love the design ::-)fabulos house Marilyn!
xo
Sanja

Viola said...

How wonderful, Marilyn! Really fab work!!

Patti G. said...

Your bird condo is so special! I love all the different angles and places for you to surprise us with some artful touches! WOW! What a great class this will make, with a potluck too! Just FUN! Great art Marilyn!!!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti

lindacreates said...

The bird hotel is wonderful! I wish I were a bird.......

Jacky said...

Definately 5 star accomodation at your Bird Hotel.... LOVE it Marilyn (and wish I was closer so I could take this class).

Loved your post of the Aries Owl too, sorry I missed seeing it earlier.

Femmy said...

what a beautiful idea for a workshop!! your birdhotel is great!!
have a wonderful weekend!