
This past Friday evening I conducted an Altered Book Club session, at the Albany Art Room, and we all got to work on our spreads.
I love script paper; especially from really old books. I have such trouble covering up the print and it doesn't matter what it says unless it's something; well ya know - kind of "off color". :)
This is a picture of the spread I worked on during our session. As the page was drying I worked on creating some fun papers with left-over script papers, Adirondack spray inks, and masks. I will be sharing those in near future.
The altered book is very near and dear to my heart. I just love creating the spreads without a particular theme in mind; just playing and very free-flowing. That is the beauty of it I think.
I was recently approached by the Director of the Albany Public Library and she asked me if I'd be interested in conducting a two-part altered book workshop this coming Fall. I am extremely excited about this and I'd like to add an exhibition of the books in time!
Again; thank you all for your lovely words, you leave here, and for those of you who visit and can't leave comments but I know you're out there :) Your friendships mean the world to me!
Hope you're having a good weekend; wishing you to be safe for your day and upcoming week.
Much love - Marilyn xxoo
20 comments:
Great Spread Marilyn! Love your colour palette and the flourish stencil is very cool.
Hi Marilyn, thank you for your encouragement and kind words. I'm glad to see your lovely work.
My favorite is the Gathering piece. Beautiful!
I wish I could watch you as you create the little gems, Marilyn -- I see one of your workshops in my future! This piece speaks to me -- I love the flourish!
Diane
Great colours and images - I like that spread!
Hi Marilyn,
Ooooh, what a inspiring composition! Luv the colors!
xox Barb
This is so beautiful! And congrats on the opportunity the Library has offered!!
hugs, chris
Marilyn, "the fabulous Marilyn' !!!
I just love these altered pages, the colors are so happy. I love the wings on her back, everything scream so creative "awesome".
You rock girlfriend.
Hugs, Laura.
xoxx
oooh pretty! i love the masking!
What a wonderful spread! Fabulous!! Have a nice day, Marilyn!
Marilyn,
I LOVE the masks where you can see the print through! And the beautiful shape you chose to showcase that! LOVELY!!!!!!!! The colors for this are rich and inviting! Just wonderful!
Congrats on the class at the Library! How perfect that sounds!
Hugs,Patti
beautiful ,beautiful piece again dear Marilyn!
big hugs
Sanja
As always Marilyn, your work is so inspiring. Makes me want to go right to my room and start a project. I think I will.
Beautiful journal spread - I love the continuity and flow across both pages- stunning! Congrats on your upcoming Altered Book workshops- wish I could attend!
what a gorgeous page - love the effect of the inks and masks!
Hey Marilyn, I know you are proberly really busy. My day is missing your art work on your blog.LOL.
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE WHAT IS NEXT? Miss you, Hugs Laura.
I enjoy your art work so much.
I've missed quite a few posts (computer been playing up so not much blog visiting going on lately).
Lots of wonderful art Marily. Love the journal pages with the masking and just everything!!!
Jacky xox
I'm not suprised you were asked, this work is a beautiful example. Fabulous colours, so rich.
This is really pretty... you are amazing my dear friend...
Wonderful work Marilyn
Congratulations! Love your altered book page and am so happy with all of the exposure you are getting. You deserve it!
Post a Comment