Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Untitled, 9 x 12 mixed media on art board.........


I've discovered the joy of creating on art boards. This is a picture of one of my recent works that is done on a 9 x 12 piece of maple art board. The surface is so wonderful to create on and very forgiving. The board is very acrylic, oil, watercolor and pastel friendly :) However, I do prime the surface first.

I haven't titled this piece. I'm sure it's hard for you to read but at the bottom left-hand corner there is an excerpt of a poem that was written by Carole Fults, a friend of mine, who not only writes poetry but is a fantastic photographer and painter. She honored me with some of her poems to use in my work. The excerpt here reads:

"I want to be long enough in one spot so that the trees hold memories of me within their hearts...."

I thought these words were fitting with what I created for this piece.

Wishing you all to be safe with your day and hope you are having a joyous week.

Love much - Marilyn xxoo

16 comments:

Patti G. said...

What a beautiful and serene piece Marilyn! I love the poetry that you included from your friend, and the image and feel fit the wording perfectly! Hugs,Patti

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

your "gathering" piece is so awesome. such feelings they emote and the colors! love it, thanks, wanda

Viola said...

Love it too! Stunning work, Marilyn!!

Connie said...

This is gorgeous Marilyn! Is it hand drawn or a transfer or a combination? beautiful colors!
...and i do not have your email, so i can never write you directly for visiting my blog...unless you want to keep that private....

Barb said...

What a stunning piece and your friend's poetry compliments your piece so well. :)

Poetic Artist said...

Marilyn,
This is a beautiful piece and the poetry is perfect.
Katelen

Laura Haviland said...

This is fablous and just wonderful Marilyn !!!
Hugs, Laura.
Truly wonderful.

Anonymous said...

this is just stunning! I love the images you used for the piece. thank you for sharing your art and about these boards to work on!

Femmy said...

what a great colors Marilyn!! love this!

Laura Haviland said...

YOUR AWESOME, Marilyn.
Hugs, Laura.

Anonymous said...

Marilyn... this is incredibly beautiful.. We must think of a name.. Hmmmmmm.....

Tabitha said...

beautiful! reminds me of the scenes at my grandma's camp in the adirondacks--my favorite place!

Diane J. Evans said...

This is a beauty, Marilyn -- love the Carole Fults quote to go with it!

Diane

Alexandra said...

What a fantastic painting Marilyn. STUNNING! Hugs Alexandra

Deb L. said...

This is simply lovely, M! Very serene and calming... perfect! xox

lindacreates said...

Beautiful!